View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 12:00 PM
Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocabirdman View Post
I said in another thread that I often feel, around here, like a weekend Harley rider in a saloon full of 1%-er outlaw bikers. My budget does not allow for big dollar purchases. The most I have ever paid for a single card is $60. I think my collection is awesome, though some might call it pedestrian. This is one reason I rarely post scans. Even though I may be tickled with a 1930 Zeenut common that I score, I know that the majority of the readers would be less than impressed. After yawning, they would post their PSA 8 mortgage payment-valued card. Cutting to the chase, why not simply have two threads, one for "pedestrian" cards valued at fifty bucks or less and the other other for more than fifty bucks. This would spare anyone who feels that the less expensive, less rare cards are not worth eyeballin'. Anyone who can find as much beauty and coolness in a slightly trimmed 1921 Koester Bread Robert Roth as a Black Swamp Wagner would be free to read both threads.

It's certainly a valid idea, just sounds a bit like segregation of the classes, not that I really care, but I'm sure it will be construed as such.