View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 01:08 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Unless you've held a card in your hand and examined it in person it is simply impossible to give an educated opinion on whether it is a counterfeit. The skill level of the people on this board who've spoken up and at SGC who've seen the card in person is about as high as you can hope for in this hobby and if all of them are confident that the card is a genuine T206, then it is either the greatest forgery of all time--which I find it hard to believe would be anything but a Wagner--or genuine. I don't find that that inconceivable that in all of the thousands of sheets run for this set with dozens of backs in various colors that someone somewhere in the sequence ran a sheet with the wrong ink.

As for what it is and what it is worth, it is not a variation needed for a master set [which I define as an intended change by the mfg], it is an error card. It is worth whatever someone will pay for it. My SWAG is about $5,000-$10,000 but I could see a couple of well-heeled collectors beat each others' brains out for it and push it substantially higher.

I'd have taken the $30K in cash [provided it was actually cash] at the natty and gone on a spending spree...

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 09-26-2012 at 01:10 PM.