View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 01:50 PM
Dan Marke1

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
I don't know if PSA is accurate 99.9% of the time or 75%, and suspect it is somewhere in between. But what I do feel is they have to be better at what they do. There's no shame in that, every company strives to put out a better product.

I don't know Joe Orlando personally but I know he reads this board. If he's truly committed to having PSA do the best job possible, he might want to start by taking a look at the Art Shell PSA 10 and see if he can figure out why that card was so badly misgraded. Perhaps he could find the grader who gave it a 10 and try to understand why it happened. Even Joe would have to agree that 10 was a mistake, and that PSA needs to try to avoid these issues as much as possible. Graders simply need to do a better job. All businesses face that problem at some point.
Good points Barry. This isn't rocket science. There are ways of improving quality. I work for a Fortune 500 company and we have programs like a Six Sigma which if implemented correctly can vastly improve reliability and quality. There's no reason something like that can't happen here.