View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 05:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zipper View Post
Fair point, but I was not aware Travis was a professional. In fact, he just said Wednesday, "i am not an authenticator, a dealer, and i haven't made ten cents in the hobby."

Which is odd because I also distinctly recall him stating numerous times that when he sells something, because of his expertise, he gets just as much for it as if it were certed by a TPA.

In any case, presuming he is primarily a collector, it would have been nice if he shared his expertise in a positive way when he had the opportunity.

I NEVBER said that BECAUSE of my expertise, i get the same money on my autographs as a tpa. Quit lying.

I have always said that autographs get the same whether tpa or not because they are real, period, whether me or someone else sells them, especially when you have to deduct the 100 dollars it costs to get a psa or jsa from the final selling price. a rocky marciano sig brings in 400- 420 with a tpa cert. it brings in 375 to 400 if not. sometimes it is a 400-400 tie. even allowing for the largest margin, deduct 100 for the cert, and the tpa marciano brings in 320 compared to 375 for the non tpa cert. who won?

I am very experienced in boxing autographs, that makes me a pro in that sense of the word. I haven't made it my profession that i make a living or part of a living off of, but when someone says "he's a real pro!", they are saying he knows his stuff. and in boxing, i do.

i give my opinion for free to my friends that know me, and even to a few new people that get my email from others.

what i dont enjoy is correcting spence and grad over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. Then I have just done their work for them and THEY get the 150 bucks and didn't have to be accurate with their work and take my correction and put the notes in their exemplar file. They have just learned from me, cashed the check. Didn't have to be accurate at all, and then they still go out and call themselves super experts.

but we correct them in public to show people they don't know what they are talking about in boxing, we still have a tons more to show.

maybe that is why the email said what it said and people are mad the cat is out of the bag.

Then i get a snide comment that says "if he hasn't written it himself" which is accusing me of writing it, or accusing me of knowing who wrote it. "Travis purportedly knows who wrote it"

Typical tactics used by those who don't like the subject matter to smear. go after the person whom they don't like.

Autograph Magazine Live does the same thing. If you expose something rotten they don't want exposed, you get hit from all sides and eventually banned.

But go after GAI mercilessly all day every day and you get applauded. So there are approved people to rip, and unapproved, and I have seen it before and went through it before.

Ebay guy happened to say in an email what he really felt, and now everyone knows and it is embarrassing to SOME. Not to me as I am in agreement with him.

Last edited by travrosty; 08-18-2012 at 05:57 PM.