View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 09:25 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelly View Post
I went on Friday and felt the show was OK, but to bill it as the East Coast National might be a little much. I really didn't feel it was better than the same show that they run in Jan, March, May, etc. The solution might be just to have this as a two day show, 9-5 and charge the dealers a little less for the tables. I did hear some chatter from a couple of the vendors that the four day set-up was just brutal and that it might be a "no" for next year.

In General, I'm surprised this show doesn't do better. New York has passionate sports fans, and there are some very wealthy people in the NY & NJ / Connecticut area. Your talking about a show that has an affluent population of well over a million people

Finally in response to a previous post, I am starting to notice a few "museums" now that I have been to 3-4 White Plains shows in the past couple of years.
If you want to see a real museum, go to the real National and look in my case that has some of my personal collection. The prices are so high they will give you altitude sickness. I succeeded in not selling even one of them. I did have about a 25 minute debate with one guy though. He couldn't understand my strategy. My strategy was to not sell any but to have a small show and tell of cards seldom encountered. I put prices on them after, in the first 3 hours, I had approximately 15 people ask me if they were for sale. The high priced stickers took care of anymore of those questions. (which was the sole purpose of said sticker prices)

As far as this original topic of the show being spoken of....never been to it. Since I have to pick and choose what shows to go to, as they are all a plane trip away, this probably won't be one.

Last edited by Leon; 08-18-2012 at 09:46 AM. Reason: grammar