View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 05:00 PM
Jamie

Hi Erick,

Your explination on why the card will not be slabbed is spot on.. I went to SGC in person last week with my raw scraps.. after alittle while the head grader came out and spoke with me. Right now they are only slabbing very obvious freaks with the 3rd line notation of the error on the flip... ghosts.. multi prints... and yellow brown scraps are all ones that will make the slab with the error notation.

If your card has more than just the yellow and brown ink run..... but missing 1 or more of the other colors... that is where it is done on a case by case basis.. at this point SGC isnt willing to take the risk on these missing 1 or 2 color cards. Even though they are very obvious in some cases. I think it also has to do with how new the error market is.. the demand for t206 errors has skyrocketed...SGC slabbing missing color T206s is still in its infancy. Erick is right... SGC does not recognize the difference between the Red and Pink pass... hopefully through more education they will start to recognize more scraps..

See below image of one of my scraps they would not slab.. missing color.. ink shift... clear as day... but in SGC's eyes it is not obvious.. you be the judge.. see the normal card with the pink layer.. this normal pic is a great example because the pink is not lined up exact(it over lays by itself on the top of the card).. so you can see it was its own color... whereas the scrap I have clearly does not have that..The pink layer was used ontop of the yellow to create the orange.... in addition my card has the ink shift, hand cut etc. all the right signs for scrap. This card was never in a pack.
my scrap:

the normal card (pink by itself on top):

Until SGC recognizes Pink as its own color.. they wont recognize any card missing it.... still cool cards slabbed or not..