View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 09:12 AM
Jeff P

I was taught a long time ago that you NEVER write something and send it to someone that you don't want the entire world to see. As Mr. Goldin has found out, this applies to appearances on TV as well ;-)

I think if the Net54 rule has always been that emails are private, then PMs should be private as well. However, I don't particularly like this decision / thread being spawned because of a likely complaint by a Net54 advertiser. At least the perception of this is that the tail is wagging the dog which doesn't sit well with me.

jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by E93 View Post
I say keep it private. IMHO the personal attacks and fighting on the board just harm the board anyway and drive people away. It keeps people from posting on even the benign threads out of fear of what it will become. I think there is way too much personal stuff and fighting already and any attempt to scale it back is a good thing for the community. I have heard so many really knowledgeable and level-headed people who could make a great contribution here tell me that it is just not worth it for these reasons.

That said, though I would presume privacy, I would not write anything in an email or PM that I would not be comfortable with others seeing. People just don't respect privacy anymore.
JimB