View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 03:27 PM
Adam Phillips

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimStinson View Post
Its not rocket science ...the GOOD dealers have been around for 20 years or so for A REASON !!!!! its because they do a good job and know their stuff. It is when a collector armed with what my late father used to call "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing" that they get burned. And then say What happened ??? What happened is that you did not stay close to the "herd" you went off into the wilderness thinking that you KNEW it ALL. You got too cocky too quick. So share the blame.
Bogus dealers and legit authenticators have become RICH because of this. Some millionaires .............why ?
Let me put it real simple ...If one of the best mechanics in the world just overhauled your transmission on your car, THE BEST , A MASTER AUTO MACHANIC WITH 30 YEARS EXPERIENCE would you then pay $150.00 to some 25 year old kid that works under an oak tree in his yard to double check the other mechanics work ?????
Point taken Jim. As my quote states I know that I know nothing. I've never taken the stance that I "KNEW IT ALL." Quite the opposite. I'm doing my best to locate "the herd." I completely "share the blame." The seller posted the fake which I purchased. As my quote further states, I'm learning. Again, as always, thanks for the advice.
Adam