View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 11:34 AM

Default Euro FB statue

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhey24 View Post
Those are all great items Carlton -- what a haul!
What was the fourth item that you passed on?

Greg
Photobucket

Photobucket

Bill, Thanks for the kind words...I'd have certainly liked to have been there...I don't like missing all the fun. I've just had such a stellar year finding stuff I couldn't pass on...that I never got it together and saved enough moola to go. Take the 1906 Olympics panorama above for instance. I had a chance to buy it what could I do...go..oh I gotta save for the National...no, you gotta buy it while you have the chance...And you just can't go all that way and spend all that money to get there to buy a couple things...you have to bring serious fire power. It's $1,200.00 just to walk in the door for me considering airfare, hotel, car rental, etc. Now if I had a sponsor to do a story!!!....But I've just never had the time and energy to seriously pitch for one.

SayHey,
It was a large statue of a European football/rugby player that Herbert Thomas the Third had. I liked the large melon ball and it seemed pretty nice overall but I've got other similar pieces already...I have one kind of the same genera of three players going for it trying to catch a pass....see Herbert's below..He may still have it as I he said as much he didn't have a good booth location...maybe it didn't get enough exposure and didn't sell.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Last edited by CarltonHendricks; 08-09-2012 at 11:45 AM.