View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 11:41 PM

Default Show Floor Info

I hope this is the thread that I can repeat some of the things that I heard on the show floor?
They, that being the National committee tried to book the convention center for 2016, could not get the first week of August, already booked, I didn't ask if they tried for 2017. I guess it will be many years before it returns to Charm City?
Before you ask why it has to be on the first week of August each summer, I was told two years ago that this week is the down week between Little Leauge Baseball and the start of Pop Warner Football. The committee is hoping to make it kid friendly! Just like politics it's all about the youth.

One of my friends talked with a dealer Friday who had brought 7 Mantle Rookies to the show and had sold 5 of them by Friday afternoon and said if he sold the sixth one he was going to pack up Friday evening and leave!

I had a guy grab my arm and ask me if I had seen the Babe Ruth game worn jersey that sold for 4.4 million dollars, then he tells me, that is the 1% that Obama Hates? I was so shocked I didn't no what to say.

Mark WVSportkings