View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 10:48 PM
Mike Navarro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7nohitter View Post
Mike,

What an great endeavor with your daughter! What do the players say about the glove? Are you planning to get #34??

VERY COOL!
Thanks. A lot of them will put the glove on and hold it up above their head for some reason. Some of them will say it's nice to see something "different", a couple have asked where to get one, some say nothing, some will ask if I can catch with it, some will say that would make a great knuckleball glove, wow that's big, they'll name another player on the team and say "he needs that", and other assorted stuff.

I do hope to get Nolan as well. I believe he's been a big part of their success in helping attract talent and in the attitude they display on the field and throughout the organization. I would have gotten him last Saturday, as he rode by me in a golf cart on the way to a presentation he was giving. I knew he'd be back the same way when the presentation was over, but rather then wait on him there, I went to get Josh Hamilton on my daughter's hat. Sure enough, when I got back to the previous spot, I heard he signed on the way back for the two people that stayed there.

If I have to, in order to finish my project, I'll go up very early one day late in the season and catch him at the front door to the offices. He doesn't use the tunnel like the players do, and he's fairly friendly they say to the few that wait at the office complex (but he doesn't like to see the same people there day after day). That will be a good way for me and my daughter to get a photo with him and get our items done.

Mike