View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 07:32 PM
Jonathan

Default Baltimore National 2012

We ventured down to the show for the Wednesday evening session and stayed thru Friday afternoon. For the very first time ever I took my 4 year old son to a show and he was a real trooper, keeping up with us as we walked the aisles over and over till we were convinced that we'd had the opportunity to see everything. Attached is a picture of the Dugout Treasures crew along with our newest member...the little guy picked up his first vintage glove on Thursday!

I thought the sampling of vintage equipment being offered was quite good, and seeing it allowed us to visit with some old friends who specialize in that area. We got a nice chance to catch up in person and even meet some guys with whom we'd spoken/emailed with over the years but never formally connected. Kudos to the guys from Play OK Antiques, Huntington Baseball Co., and the Antique Athlete for putting together what was, in our opinion, the best booth in show!

Anyway, we had a great time in the Inner Harbor and did pick up a few nice pieces which fill a couple of holes in our collection of vintage gloves, bats, and balls.

Starting with the baseballs, here is our National 2012 haul...

1. Well, us...photo taken in the booth shared by a number of our friends.
2. Circa 1920's Horace Partridge Official League Baseball, mint with box.
3. Teens/20's era Spalding Official League Special Baseball...Mint.
4. 1920's era Reach "Babe" Ruth Home Run Special Baseball
5. Circa 1880's Figure 8 Baseball

www.dugouttreasures.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg National Pic.jpg (76.1 KB, 970 views)
File Type: jpg Partridge Ball.jpg (71.4 KB, 976 views)
File Type: jpg Spalding Ball.jpg (69.4 KB, 970 views)
File Type: jpg Ruth Ball.jpg (74.0 KB, 971 views)
File Type: jpg Figure 8.jpg (76.8 KB, 973 views)