View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 05:13 AM
Mark Fox

Default RE: Standard Catalog – Calling all web & database designer/developer board members

I think we all realize the usefulness of the Standard Catalog and after having been on the boards here for just a couple months I've noticed that a decent number of topics and discussions related to this idea pop up from time to time. Asking for a digital resource similar to the Standard Catalog or asking for a website that deals with prewar issues to the extent the Standard Catalog does.

This all got me thinking, I mean what else should I be doing in my office at 7am on a Monday morning? I have a background in graphic/website design as well as a little experience in SQL database design and implementation. This would be too great of an undertaking for one individual but perhaps there are other members on the board here with applicable skills. Maybe a collaborative effort can get such a project off the ground and going? We do have one of the greatest resources at our fingertips for such a project and that is Net54!

So, if this idea appeals to you, intrigues you, or even if you just have a little curiosity about where this could lead us, and you have some skills that could be utilized in such an endeavor, post a reply to this thread and let’s see where this might lead us!

“Nearly every man who develops an idea works it up to the point where it looks impossible, and then he gets discouraged. That’s not the place to become discouraged.” – Thomas Edison