View Single Post
Old 07-28-2012, 10:53 AM
CoreyRS.hanus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I was just speaking with a good hobby friend about the PSA 8 T206 Wagner, and the implications the current news could have. That being said I told him of a possible solution and he thought it could work. We know PSA grades some strip series with a number and the caveat on the flip of : (Hand Cut).

I could see that potentially working for this card, do you? Of course purists might say no, but if it were to say PSA 8 Hand Cut it could take the stigma away, be correct (if the new info is true) and possibly the card wouldn't lose value (could even gain?). It is still the nicest looking one in the hobby, regardless of what is done. I am going to limit the different poll responses on purpose.
The implications of this would be that collectors with full-production-run uncut sheets should then be able to cut up the sheets and have the cards receive numerical grades (with appropriate designations on the slab).

Further implications would be that hand-cut factory issues (e.g., T210s that exhibit wavy borders) should receive numerical grades (with appropriate designation on the slab), as should all undersized cards that are not suspected of being trimmed (designation on slab to say to effect "factory-issued undersized card").

In raising these issues, I'm not saying all or any of this would be a bad thing, only that I don't see how one could make an exception for only the "8" Wagner.