View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 12:16 AM
Banned

we spoke up and demanded they stop listing their autographs with a jsa auction loa before the items were actually seen by jsa, and it took several people several attempts before they changed it and people got their accounts banned from heritage as a result of demanding this change.

so speaking up has its punishment.

I consigned 1 item to heritage, and it got an internet bid several days before it hit the live auction floor. it got no further bids on the floor but heritage told me the buyer did not pay so i got my item back and never got my money. heritage couldnt tell me who the winning bidder was. If they would tell me who bid on my item and didnt pay, i would feel a lot more confident that it wasnt heritage bidding themselves and then getting buyers remorse. I have no poof heritage bid on the item, but i have no proof they didn't bid on it either. Obviously I haven't consigned anything else to them. I had three months of my time wasted regardless.

What disturbs me and something I didn't realize is not only does it say nothing about heritage's ability to bid on an item right up to the hammer, it expressley reserves the right to modify or bid right up to the hammer.

This 7 day bid limit that jonathon mentioned is nonsense.

it also is very distubing that it says it can modify its bid right up to the hammer using any data received. so if they find out something about a lot that isn't known or disclosed to the general bidding public, they reserve the right to cancel or reverse their bid, or lower it, but of course you can't.

Last edited by travrosty; 07-18-2012 at 12:27 AM.