View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 10:48 AM
Barry Arnold

Default CARD books

thanks for the responses fellows.
Patrick,
Mark Peavy is on our board and a prince of a fellow. I like the brevity of his monograph and because it was written over a decade ago it fits helpfully in the timeline of T206 research. I do recommend it and would think Mark would have one available if you contact him.
Wazoo and Steven, thanks for the tip regarding the CJ book. I'm eager to purchase that one as soon as it comes out in a year or so.
Steven, your question is also my question. I have been searching for a book which might deal with some of what Lipset anticipated working on in later editions but never had a chance to. I have found myself looking hungrily for Lipset's few references to D and W cards as he talks about tobacco and candy cards and have found a few but sure long for more of his anticipated volumes.
I will say that I did revisit Erbe's work and was pleasantly surprised to see some
interesting sections on D,F,W cards particularly. If there is more extensive work out there in book form, I'd sure like to see it.
Thankfully, Old Cardboard offers excellent research on many topics which I see as chapters of books to come---in my spirit of hopefulness.
all the best,

barry