View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 12:09 PM
Todd Schultz

The most difficult color combination features a red infield--these are rarely seen although Lew Lipset had a few in his 2010 auction. This one went for over $4K, and the others went for similar $$$:

The next most difficult colors go for far, far less money and include the purple pennants/green bases group and yellow pennants:

Those who collect these can give you better guidance on what's next in terms of difficulty, but I always thought these were slightly more difficult than the remaining:

Those that you won are of the most common variety, along with the blue infields, which I do not like because its hard to read the player name:

Finally, the only player that I'm aware of who is more difficult to find is Kavanagh, corrected from the more commonly seen Cavanaugh, although still incorrectly spelled with a "u".

EDITED TO ADD another common combination:

If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.

Last edited by nolemmings; 07-14-2012 at 12:14 PM. Reason: to add blanket