View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 12:22 PM

Default Looks good

I could see it going for $510.00...that's still pretty low I think...based on the photos to me it looks like a bat not a farm tool...and the barrel end looks kind of black, like maybe a worn black ring end which would pretty much positively I.D. it as a bat...Had I been a bidder I wouldn't have been bashful asking for more and closer photos....Especially with that no return policy. These home made 1860ish bats seem to appear regularly on eBay but overall I'd say that one looks extra nice...Now if there were any maker markings that would have changed the value equation....

Photobucket

It has two classic aspects that set off my radar and I'm wild about....the straight taper and the squared barrel end....and it does seem to have a pretty nice patina...not all water stained up. Personally I'd say based on what's out there..if it is a bat there may even be room left at $510.00....it just depends on it's presence once you see it in person....The part that really hurts the deal though is that no returns policy.

Last edited by CarltonHendricks; 07-10-2012 at 12:24 PM.