View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 04:15 PM
R.J. Hinners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
I personally would leave it. It would be one thing had it been signed back in 1950, so the signature would also be vintage, but I think adding a signature over 60 years after it was worn would be defacing a great jersey. It wasn't worn with a signature on it and it looks awesome just the way it is.

That said, if you do decide to have it signed, you could always have him sign the inside of the jersey, below the collar, so it doesn't ruin the front of the jersey.

Maybe the best way to decide is to look at other signed vintage flannel. Do you like how it looks?
Chris brings up my preference. I'll have a player sign on the placket inside the back of the neck.

With the double-layering, there's no danger that the signature would bleed through to be seen on the back of the jersey
If a visible sig on the outside is bothersome for you (it is for me), then it won't show when displayed on a mannequin
If you like to see the sig, you could still see it when hung

However, in this case you'd have to do it off to one side because of the MacGregor tag. This might not be a great choice, but it's still an option if you prefer to have the signature on the item itself.