View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 05:18 PM
Robert A

Default E98 (more discussion)

Sorry to start another thread, but perhaps this one could focus less on value and grading issues. Finds like this don't come along very often and I know some of my E98 pals are pretty pumped about it.

As someone who has collected E98s for a long time, this new find excites me. I would love to pick up more of them and I don't care too much if they're worth less. Hope they are in fact.

To me, the interesting thing here is what this find might reveal about the cards themselves.

Let's talk about the possibilities here.

This find could've been the average or standard amount of cards delivered from the print shop to a retailer. They possibly could've picked the colors they wanted or perhaps the printers had run out of one color by this point.

Or this could have been the rest of the print stock that was never either inserted into a product or given to individual retailers. In other words, property of the printers.

I obviously don't know the details of why it ended up where it did, but the owners could've had some tie to the printers or the anonymous company that sponsored the production or they might've owned a shop and never used all of the cards as premiums (or just fell in love with them and kept them).

The fact that they were binded in stacks by twine is interesting. I'd love to know more about how they were binded (how many cards, even amount in each stack?) or any other details about how the cards were found. I think, if I'm reading it correctly, each stack was one player. That might suggest that the sheets were all one player.

Anyone have any additional info from Heritage? Any other details stick out to you guys?

Rob

Last edited by caramelcard; 07-06-2012 at 06:11 PM.