View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 01:48 PM
Joshua
J0shua Le.vine

I have told this story a few times...

At the National in Anaheim (I think '92) I was standing at Kit Young's table when someone (I forget who) came over with the original Allegheney deck of cards (including the box)...I think Kit bought the cards originally and then let me look through them. I wrote down all the Phillies (still have that original sheet that I wrote on) and asked how much for an example. $100 each was that first quote...I just wish I spent the money then (I think i actually had about $250 in my pocket at the time)...years later I ran into a few of them again at Tik n' Tik for between $500-$1000 each...darn...(as an aside...this was the year that I nearly started a fight at the same National when I put a t206 I had bought behind the Gretzky Wagner that Joe let me hold and you could clearly see the borders of my T206 around the trimmed PSA 8...I was ushered away from the display, there was shouting, it was fun!!)

I also had an opportunity to buy a Felin's Franks card about 17 years ago in the early days of ebay and came up $20 short on my bid (bid at the time was $220!!)...sigh...

Joshua