View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 01:26 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Quote:
Originally Posted by atx840 View Post
Nice thread. The 34 player per sheet, two rows of 17, with each card having multiple stacked vertically could be related to why only 68 Type 1 were printed. Possibly 2 sheets of 34 T206 cards were selected.

I faked a Chase for you.

Chris

Sorry to say, but your "34 thinking" is "flawed". First of all, American Litho. (ALC) did not intermix the Major Leaguers with the Southern Leaguers on their printed sheets.
As I've noted in my 1st post in this thread, ALC simply took an pre-printed sheet of 48 - Major Leaguers and printed the "COUPON" backs onto it. Additionally, from their
pre-printed sheets of the 48 Southern Leaguers they printed the "COUPON" backs and issued the 20 - Southern Association cards.

Furthermore..the 34 subjects that are found with PIEDMONT 150, SWEET CAP 150 (Factory 25, Factory 30, Factory 649-overprint), brown HINDU, SOVEREIGN 150, etc.
were printed on a 36-card sheet. Two Double-Prints (most likely Mathewson-white cap and Powers) filled out this 36-card sheet.

The "magic number" in the T206 printing process is "6". Just look at the various series and the number of subjects that comprise each of them.....the factor of 6 is the
common denominator. Incidently, the size of the lithographic printing presses used by ALC to print the T206's accomodated 12 cards across a row. Sheets containing up
to 96 cards were printed.

Chris......check out my recent thread on this subject........

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=151780

TED Z

Last edited by tedzan; 06-08-2012 at 02:02 PM.