Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   T206 Changes Mid Print (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=92253)

Archive 02-20-2009 06:33 PM

T206 Changes Mid Print

Posted By: <b>Lee Behrens</b><p>How many cards got changed mid-print? We know now Lundgren and obviously Magee, were there any others that are possible with the same backs?<br><br>Elberfeld, Kleinow, Smith?<br><br>Lee

Archive 02-20-2009 06:58 PM

T206 Changes Mid Print

Posted By: <b>Frank Wakefield</b><p>George Brown?

Archive 02-20-2009 08:18 PM

T206 Changes Mid Print

Posted By: <b>Lee Behrens</b><p>George Browne would not qualify because there is no cross over between the 150 and 350 series between the team changes.<br><br>Lee

Archive 02-21-2009 08:06 AM

T206 Changes Mid Print

Posted By: <b>Scot Reader</b><p><br>I view the following as &quot;bifurcated&quot; T206 subjects, meaning that together the two subjects share a back profile with individual subjects from a particular subject group.<br><br>Bifurcated 150/350 Subjects<br><br>Dahlen (Boston/Brooklyn)<br>G. Brown (Chicago/Washington)<br>Elberfeld (N.Y./Washington Portrait)<br><br>Bifurcated 350/460 RP Subjects<br><br>Kleinow (N.Y. Catching/Boston)<br>Smith (Chicago White Cap/Chicago &amp; Boston)<br><br>I would not count Lundgren (Chicago/K.C.) as a bifurcated 150/350 subject because Lundgren (Chicago), due to its availability with Piedmont 150, shares a back profile with 150/350 subjects whereas Lundgren (K.C.), due to its availability with Carolina Brights, shares a back profile with 350-only subjects.<br><br>Scot<br><br>Edited to add: I suppose you can also fairly count Magee (Magie/Magee Portrait) as a bifurcated 150/350 subject. <br>

Archive 02-21-2009 08:34 AM

T206 Changes Mid Print

Posted By: <b>Lee Behrens</b><p>I guess I am a bit unclear with what I am asking.<br><br>I am wondering if there are any other cards that have the different front variations with the same back and series. <br><br>The example with the Lundgren is that is the variations are both possible in Piedmont 350 series. Whereas the Browne variations have no cross over into each series.<br><br>Lee<br><br>

Archive 02-21-2009 08:57 AM

T206 Changes Mid Print

Posted By: <b>Scot Reader</b><p><br>Lee,<br><br>Sorry if I misconstrued your question.<br><br>Dahlen (Boston/Brooklyn) and Elberfeld (N.Y./Washington Portrait) are both available with Piedmont 350, for example. <br><br>Aside from Lundgren (Chicago/K.C.), I don't think there is any series traversal among the others that have been mentioned.<br><br>Scot

Archive 02-21-2009 02:16 PM

T206 Changes Mid Print

Posted By: <b>Jim Rivera</b><p>Lee<br>would Demmitt and O'Hara fall into a mid print change catagory. The other team change cards are just in the caption and on the Demmitt, St. L is added to the shirt. I think the O'Hara shirt is the same as the N.Y card.

Archive 02-21-2009 05:32 PM

T206 Changes Mid Print

Posted By: <b>Lee Behrens</b><p>Jim, What I am looking for are cards with a variation that have a possiblitiy of the same backs, it appears that the Demmitt and O'Hare, NY are not possible in Polar Bear backs thus do not fall into the category I am looking for.<br><br>Lee