Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Sports Card link..Buying and Selling Info (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=91553)

Archive 12-17-2008 08:52 AM

Sports Card link..Buying and Selling Info

Posted By: <b>Chris Buckler</b><p>I am looking for alternative places to both buy and sell vintage cards. Does anyone have any experience or feedback from using Sports Card link? <br><br>thanks, Chris

Archive 12-17-2008 09:34 AM

Posted By: <b>Jimmy</b><p>It's not a bad system, tried to work through it a few times, but had some trouble with it, mostly the response time. Now I just use this site, ebay, shows and a few auction houses. I also tried SportsBuy, not bad - I think the site is getting better. I Still do not use it as much as the others above. I have had the best results with auction houses the past best 6 months, ebay is starting to become a little better. If you have pre-war cards Leon's and Barry's Auction seem to have the best options. I also tried working with a few larger companies that take consignments on ebay, got a poor response<br><br><br><br>Jimmy<br><br>

Archive 12-17-2008 10:40 AM

Posted By: <b>Erick Lewin</b><p>I tried it once and didn't like it. I put a &quot;bid&quot; of 700 on a card listed at 785. It took about 4 days just to get a response. The response was no and nothing about a counteroffer. After waiting so long to hear back if my offer was accepted and just being shut down like that, I gave up. The cards still up on the site and has been for maybe 6 months, roughly since I made my offer. My offer is still the highest. They also charge sales tax I guess, which i was unaware of when i first made my offer. <br><br>E. Lewin

Archive 12-17-2008 11:19 AM

Posted By: <b>Jason L</b><p>I have had similar aging problems with my offers.<br><br>I also emailed some questions about how to get started selling on the site and it took over a week and a half to get a response. I had forrgotten about my own inquiry when the response came in. It was a very professional, nice response, but very tardy.<br><br>I think if they could dedicate more resources to it, it has the potential to be a great service.

Archive 12-17-2008 11:30 AM

Posted By: <b>ebrehm</b><p>When I discovered sportscardlink about a year ago (I think from a banner ad here on this forum) I went there and found a few cards I wanted. The offer/counteroffer process went ok and after my checks cleared I received the cards very quickly, I think via UPS. Since then I have checked back periodically but haven't seen anything that caught my fancy. They are not too good about keeping their web site listings up to date -- all of the cards that I bought nearly a year ago are still listed there with the status &quot;sale pending.&quot;

Archive 12-17-2008 08:58 PM

Posted By: <b>Mike</b><p>I had similar experiences as the previous posters - the (1) transaction went fine, even if the back and forth communication took a while.<br><br> ... and their site update process leaves <b>lots</b> to be desired.<br><br>--<br>Mike