Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Thanks to SGC (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=87864)

Archive 11-27-2007 01:44 PM

Thanks to SGC

Posted By: <b>Bob</b><p>The 1910 set of 150 has finally been added to the Registry after a couple of years of requests. Thanks for giving this very, very tough set its own designation. I appreciate it.

Archive 11-27-2007 02:21 PM

Thanks to SGC

Posted By: <b>Jimi</b><p>Very cool, man. I'm pumped because they just added a master set for the T205 set. Plus, SGC told me today that they have the 45-46 Caramelo Deportivo set on their list to be added. Awesome....just awesome! Seems to me that they are adding a bunch right now. Guess they needed to get going on that job. They are really far behind PSA in that department.<br><br>Jimi

Archive 11-27-2007 04:48 PM

Thanks to SGC

Posted By: <b>ockday</b><p>Now if they would add the 6 variations to the T207 set , that would make me real happy.<br />Alan

Archive 11-27-2007 04:50 PM

Thanks to SGC

Posted By: <b>Steve Murray</b><p>Now if they would just delete the four error cards from the N2 set I'd be happy.

Archive 11-27-2007 04:50 PM

Thanks to SGC

Posted By: <b>MikeU</b><p>They have most of the big sets up there. Since they are now actively adding sets, it would be interesting if anyone had some creative ideas for them to input within the registry, with comments from specific board members that would participate in such an addition i.e. <br /><br />1. Certain sets with only the HOF'ers listed. <br />2. Certain sets by just a single team or league. <br />3. Decade leaders in particular categories. <br />4. Certain player sets. <br />

Archive 11-27-2007 05:08 PM

Thanks to SGC

Posted By: <b>Brian McQueen</b><p>I would really like to see them add a search option for an entire set at a time. For instance, the way it is set up now, if I wanted to study a population report for the e103 set, I'd have to enter each of the 30 players in the search field individually and then click on the "Williams Caramel" link once the list of sets that player has appeared in is displayed. Repeating this process 30 times (or more for larger sets) is very tedious. I don't suppose someone knows of an easier way to do this??<br /><br />Also, I'd like to see them include more variations in the report. The don't designate any variations at all from what I can see. For instance, doing a search for an e97 Young would result in the B&W and color variations of the card as well as the Cleveland and Boston variants being lumped into one figure. Doesn't really do me much good that way because there's no way to determine how many of each of those four variants there are.

Archive 11-27-2007 05:28 PM

Thanks to SGC

Posted By: <b>Mark T</b><p>I called SGC a few months back and they told me when you go to the main pop report site type in (for example) 1910 and hit baseball. then all sets from that year are in there. Then just hit Williams caramel and all players come up with total pop report.<br /><br />This is the only way i check pop reports...<br /><br /><br />The thing is, you have to put in the exact years such as M116 would be 1910-11

Archive 11-27-2007 07:49 PM

Thanks to SGC

Posted By: <b>boxingcardman</b><p>Every time I've flagged an error in their boxing listings they've fixed it quickly. I've tried the same with PSA and been ignored, even after sending them scans of the cards.

Archive 11-27-2007 07:57 PM

Thanks to SGC

Posted By: <b>Brian McQueen</b><p><br />Ahhh! It works! Thanks Mark, research will go so much quicker for me in the future. I certainly appreciate the tip!

Archive 11-28-2007 07:46 PM

Thanks to SGC

Posted By: <b>James Gallo</b><p>I have found SGC to be very good about posting sets. You can get a set up super quick if you send them the list. I have done this a few times on player sets and have gotten them up in a week or so.<br /><br />I do have a problem with the variations not be listed sepeartly though. I just picked up a bunch of cards and was talking with Micheal about this. He stated that anything on the 3 line of the flip was not in the data base and was only listed on the submission forum. <br /><br />They hope to update this one day in the future but it may be a while. Perhaps if enough people pushed they would do it sooner. I requested they change the flip on a few of the tough Boston Store cards I had done and they gladly did so.<br /><br />James G<br><br>Looking for 1915 Cracker Jacks and 1909-11 American Caramel E90-1.