Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Stoopid Question re: T215 Red Cross (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=82204)

Archive 09-10-2006 05:03 PM

Stoopid Question re: T215 Red Cross

Posted By: <b>Cobby33</b><p>Understanding this is a Louisiana issue, why is the Factory info. on the back indicate it's a New Jersey factory - were they manufactured in NJ and distributed in LA?<br /><br />Thanks in advance for your help!

Archive 09-10-2006 05:57 PM

Posted By: <b>Bobby</b><p>I am by no means an expert on this but I would assume since the T215 set uses the same images as the T206 which where all printed on the east coast it would of made sense that is where they got manufactured and then shipped to LA. where they got distributed.

Archive 09-10-2006 06:03 PM

Posted By: <b>Brian Weisner</b><p><br /> You guys are not from the South...... LA means Lower Alabama. <br /><br /><br /> Be well Brian<br /><br /><br />Youse guys keep moving South, but you gotta learn the lingo.<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />PS No question, the cards were printed in one spot and distributed elsewhere. It's cheaper that way....

Archive 09-10-2006 10:36 PM

Posted By: <b>Cobby33</b><p>Thanks for your input...<br /><br />And to my neighbors to my more immediate South, they would, of course, assume LA means Los Angeles. "LA is the only way..." Uh huh!

Archive 09-11-2006 11:48 AM

Posted By: <b>Millerhouse</b><p>Cobby33,<br /><br />Just wondering what the basis is for believing that T215s are a Louisiana issue. I know that Lemke's catalog says that, but does anyone know why Lemke's catalog says it?<br /><br />Dan

Archive 09-11-2006 12:46 PM

Posted By: <b>Cobby33</b><p>Miller-<br />That's where I got my information as well.<br />Also, I believe American Tobacco, People's Tob. and Lorillard all manufactured and/or distributed tobacco products in Louisiana. I believe Red Cross was a subsidiary of one of those?

Archive 09-11-2006 05:23 PM

Posted By: <b>Millerhouse</b><p>But my question, cobby, is why do you believe that? Does anyone have ad copy that shows Red Cross issued in Louisiana? Other Louisiana issues typically show a Louisiana factory number. Leon, what's the factory number on your T207 Red Cross? Anybody have any evidence or is this just another bit of anecdotal mistake that's been handed down without question?<br /><br />Dan

Archive 09-11-2006 06:47 PM

Posted By: <b>judd hamlin</b><p>Has anyone seen any correlation between T215 Type I's and red Hindu T206's. If Amer. Litho. printed both, I've always wondered if they ran off the red Hindus as they were shifting over to the T215's.<br /><br />\see your stoopid question<br />\\raise you a stoopiderer question<br />

Archive 09-11-2006 10:05 PM

Posted By: <b>Cobby33</b><p>/I'll call...<br /><br />Haven't heard that theory, but it certainly makes sense. Wonder if anyone can confirm or deny this?