Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Any positive things about Lelands?? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=81118)

Archive 05-17-2006 09:51 AM

Any positive things about Lelands??

Posted By: <b>Scott Bob</b><p>I have heard a lot of positive things about Robert Edward Auction and Mastro Auction. Does anyone has any positive things to say about Lelands? Based on my experiences, they never sent me stuffs that I won early (they normally hold my checks for 15 days). Does anyone receive their stuffs a lot earlier than expected? How quick do they pay their consignors?<br /><br />

Archive 05-17-2006 10:19 AM

Posted By: <b>andy becker</b><p>i got my lot pretty quickly. i paid by money order and got a shipment back within ten days from when i mailed the money order.<br /><br />this is the first lot of cards that i have won from lelands.....i may have won other items.....but this is the first card lot. <br /><br />in my lot, some cards were graded and more were raw.<br />i will be checking the raw condition cards for grade accuracy tonight.<br /><br />i will update the board with my findings.

Archive 05-17-2006 10:48 AM

Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>As a buyer I have been surprised at the lack of knowledge of the items I've purchased. Had I been a consignor on those lots I would have been very ticked off at the results. As a consignor, I was disappointed in the results I obtained.

Archive 05-17-2006 11:44 AM

Posted By: <b>drc</b><p>I've won memorabilia lots several times over the last several years from Leland's and have been satisfied with everything I won. Never had any shipping problems. Most big auction houses take extra time to ship, so I wouldn't worry if a package is late compared to eBay.

Archive 05-17-2006 07:41 PM

Posted By: <b>Alan</b><p>Joshua Lelands Evans is on "Cold Pizza" (ESPN 2) tomorrow morning at 11:30am EST. Not sure what he's discussing...

Archive 05-17-2006 08:48 PM

Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>I have bought from them a few times and had no issues....

Archive 05-19-2006 12:20 PM

Posted By: <b>Tom Boblitt</b><p>from them over the years and sold them some stuff too.<br /><br />Unfortunately, I sold Mike Heffner a 1936 Kentucky Derby program autographed by Babe Ruth on the cover for about $600. It was in pencil and it was about 1995, so it was a decent price for it and I only paid about $200 but BOY I wish I had that back.<br /><br />I've bought from them 5-6 times with no problems on that end but I'd agree with Adam that what I got were really pretty good bargains. Best was a lot of about 200 autographed TCMA postcards that included 5-10 of each card including Mantle and DiMaggio auto's, Musial, Williams and many more. Only paid about $600-$700 for the lot. Probably got about $5-$6K for all those cards. That was a LONG time ago. Also won some nice PM1's from them in last 3-5 years. Nothing too recent. <br /><br />Never consigned anything.......<br />

Archive 05-19-2006 02:17 PM

Posted By: <b>Cat</b><p>I have bought from them. The service was great.

Archive 05-19-2006 02:49 PM

Posted By: <b>Judge Dred (Fred)</b><p>I've purchased things from them and they were very cordial. I'm sure that there's lots of nice things that can be said.

Archive 05-19-2006 03:02 PM

Posted By: <b>Wesley</b><p>I have dealt with Lelands and thought their service was great. Also Mr. Evans went out of his way to help me locate some items and I really appreciated that.