Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   SCG Feb. Grading Special re: T3's (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=80135)

Archive 02-09-2006 10:41 PM

SCG Feb. Grading Special re: T3's

Posted By: <b>Bob S</b><p>Hi Folks.<br /><br />I've never submitted to SCG, so I've got a few questions:<br /><br />I'll be submitting a couple dozen T3's to take advantage of the Feb. $6 special, and since I don't have any semi rigid holders(nor top loaders/soft sleeves) large enough to fit them in, I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion regarding how to pack them for shipment. Also, how much would you insure the commons for/ea. I'll decide on the HOFer's.<br /><br />And last, do the SCG slabbed T3's have nice eye appeal?<br /><br />Thanks.<br /><br />Bob

Archive 02-09-2006 10:47 PM

Posted By: <b>Paul</b><p>They dont grade T3's, because they dont have holders for them. They currently dont grade cards larger than 3 1/2" x 5 1/2".

Archive 02-09-2006 11:33 PM

Posted By: <b>Bob S</b><p>I guess it's PSA or no slabbing.<br /><br />Bob

Archive 02-10-2006 04:30 AM

Posted By: <b>Sal</b><p>Global (GAI) slabs T3's also. Just another option for you.

Archive 02-10-2006 04:36 AM

Posted By: <b>Tom Batchelor</b><p>I sent 6 T3s to PSA. I devised holders for them by putting them each in a 8x10 soft clear plastic sleeve that normally goes into an album. Then I made a cardboard back and front around that. They accepted the cards and I am waiting for a grade now.<br /><br />Mike Wheat sold me some T3s before in perfectly sized top loaders but I haven't seen where to buy the top loaders myself.<br /><br />The PSA holder is a bit nicer than the GAI holder I am told.

Archive 02-10-2006 04:52 AM

Posted By: <b>glyn parson</b><p>I did the same thing to send in my T3s with the 8x10 hoolders and the card board cut out to fit over front and back.

Archive 02-10-2006 10:24 AM

Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>from CGC and use those...

Archive 02-10-2006 10:33 AM

Posted By: <b>jay wolt</b><p>"I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion regarding how to pack them for shipment."<br /><br />I've sent over 100 T3/T9's to PSA in about 10 submissions and all were housed in top loaders either 6 1/2 x 9" size or the 8 x 10" size. Then bundled up my submssion lot w/ cardboard on top & bottom and placed in a larger box w/ foam peanuts.<br />Not 1 card arrived damaged, and it was worth the extra few cents for the top load protection as a vg/Ex graded common is worth a few hundred dollars...jay

Archive 02-13-2006 10:05 AM

Posted By: <b>Steve</b><p>If no one has said it before the $6.00 SGC special is for "crossovers" only.