Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Best way to sell my 33 Goudey PSA 7s and 6s (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=76937)

Archive 04-29-2005 12:57 AM

Best way to sell my 33 Goudey PSA 7s and 6s

Posted By: <b>Kenny Low</b><p>I'm looking for some input on the best way to sell some 1933 Goudey PSA 7 and 6 cards I have. I have about 20 PSA 7s, and 30 PSA 6s that I'm looking to sell. For the 7s, there's only one major card (Dean 223) and two small-time HOFers. For the 6s, theres a few major cards (Ruth 181, both Gehrigs, Foxx 29) and a handful of small-time HOFers. None of them are known for low pop.<br /><br />What's the best strategy to maximize my revenue on these cards? Here are a few options I'm thinking of:<br /><br />1. Selling all of them as one lot with MastroNet.<br />2. Ebay - Selling off the biggies (Dean, Ruth, Gehrigs, Foxx) individuall on ebay, and sell the rest of the 7s in one lot, and the rest of the 6s in another lot.<br />3. Ebay - Selling off each card individually (I hesitate on this because of the work I'll have to do, even if it does bring in higher $, I may not do it this way).<br /><br />Any other good options?<br /><br />Thanks for any input.

Archive 04-29-2005 01:14 AM

Posted By: <b>Julie</b><p>Have you tried fixing a price for each, and selling them here (in B/S/T for board members?)<br /><br />They sound like very nice cards, but I'm afraid they'd get lost in Mastro--and I don't think M. would offer them individually.<br /><br />But they are TOO NICE to sell as a group on ebay.

Archive 04-29-2005 06:19 AM

Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>I'd submit them to Mastro !!!

Archive 04-29-2005 06:50 AM

Posted By: <b>Gilbert Maines</b><p>One approach you may want to consider is to give them all to an eBay dealer to add to his consignment sales offerings. Since they are all slabbed, the dealer may be able to "easily" sell them individually. The increase in money generated by individual sales may completely offset his consignment fee, or it may not. But it will minimize your headaches.

Archive 04-29-2005 07:01 AM

Posted By: <b>ted</b><p>How about you contact me directly..... we are very interested in nice goudey's......<br /><br />Let me know!<br /><br />Ted

Archive 04-29-2005 08:19 AM

Posted By: <b>Kenny Low</b><p>Thanks for the inputs everyone.<br /><br />Ted, are you a dealer or a collector? No offense, but frankly, I have no interest in selling to dealers. They typically take too much of a bite out of the cards as the middleman. Please give me your email and I will contact you.<br /><br /><br />Gilbert, how much does it typically cost to consign with a good ebay seller? The only one I can think of is Legacy Sports. Goudeys of this grade seem right up their alley.

Archive 04-29-2005 08:22 AM

Posted By: <b>ted</b><p>Hey Kenny,<br />Check your email! Let me know!<br /><br />Ted

Archive 04-29-2005 08:23 AM

Posted By: <b>ted</b><p>A) Collector, which if we were to purchase them from you would be for our own collection.<br />B) Check your email!!!<br />c) www.itailers.com <br />

Archive 04-29-2005 08:50 AM

Posted By: <b>Gilbert Maines</b><p>Kenny: My recommendation is nothing more than to give your cards to someone who is selling on eBay all of the time. They are set up to answer questions, handle multiple shipments and do all of the other things routinely encountered in their business. The consignment fee which is typically encountered for this service will range from 10 - 20% of the sale value.<br /><br />The higher end of that range is certainly justified when the dealer is handling many low priced cards, and I believe that the lower end of that range would apply to individual higher priced cards (which are a far less time consuming money generator).<br /><br />But really Kenny, there are lots of dealers on this board who have way more experience with this than I have. And their fee is also justified by the credibility which they generate with prospective bidders, as well as the following of bidders which they have.<br /><br />It can be a worthwhile deal all around.

Archive 04-29-2005 09:01 AM

Posted By: <b>ted</b><p>Gilbert - www.itailers.com, we are not exclusive to ebay but that is what we do!<br /><br />userid on ebay itailers

Archive 04-29-2005 11:00 AM

Posted By: <b>andy becker</b><p>to maximize, sell on ebay...card by card...no groups/lots.<br />if you do not care to sell yourself, give to an ebay dealer...scott gaynor is my choice.

Archive 05-02-2005 11:19 AM

Posted By: <b>Gilbert Maines</b><p>Yes Kenny, SCGaynor's credentials are beyond reproach and he has a significant following (so, in some cases, he may be able to sell a card without even listing it).<br /><br />Another fellow that I have found to be quite tolerant and understanding as well as competent and honest is Texas Ted (Holden). He sold a bunch of '50s material for me, and some other cards.