Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Shipping materials (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=76709)

Archive 04-11-2005 05:09 PM

Shipping materials

Posted By: <b>Robert</b><p>I am selling off about 1000 raw cards in the next few weeks and need some help. I ship cards all in toploaders and I usually sandwich them between 2 pieces of heavy cardboard, and put them in a bubble pack. It is a real pain literally to cut up boxes in order to ship them safely, does anyone know of a source that I can buy something that is fairly inexpensive so that my hands don't get all blistered up?<br /><br />Thanks

Archive 04-11-2005 05:17 PM

Shipping materials

Posted By: <b>jackgoodman</b><p>card saver II and then cut up a priority mail envelope to just fit around the card saver. (you can get the envelopes at the post office for free.) Then they go into the bubble mailer. I've never had a problem with this combo and many of my feedback comments compliment the packaging. Good luck.<br />

Archive 04-11-2005 09:36 PM

Shipping materials

Posted By: <b>joe</b><p>Believe it or not this is against PO policy, using Priority mail boxes for other than Priority mail. If the PO finds out they will frown at this procedure. I packed something in a similar way, but the priority mail box was partialy visable. They told me don't do it agin. Just information. I cut up regular boxes and you can use a regular envelope in most cases. <br /><br />Joe

Archive 04-11-2005 10:04 PM

Shipping materials

Posted By: <b>Julie</b><p>come in cut-up priority mail cardboard. Of course, I get some shipped priority mail, so that provides some ready-to-cut stuff for me. Why should the "priority mail" cardboard show? Wrap it good! I once grabbed about 10 envelopes in front of a post office clerk, and she just asked what I needed them for, and I told her "a big mailing," and she was satisfied. Funny thing was, it happened to be true. I actually had 10 item to ship priority mail! But there's nothing to stop yuou8 from going around to several P.O.s with the "big mailing" story, if it isn't true!

Archive 04-12-2005 07:57 AM

Shipping materials

Posted By: <b>jackgoodman</b><p>But actually, they don't show thru bubble mailers and you can order as many as you like from the post office website and they'll even deliver them to your home. And the only question I get at the post office when I asked for them is "how many?".<br /><br />edited to remove anonymous.

Archive 04-12-2005 08:29 AM

Shipping materials

Posted By: <b>Gilbert Maines</b><p>If you feel that a single top loader does not provide sufficient ridgity, tape two together or three. They are not very costly - unless the cards are inexpensive.

Archive 04-12-2005 11:27 AM

Shipping materials

Posted By: <b>Lee Behrens</b><p>Jay and I do quite a bit a mailing and use the services that ebay/paypal offer. If you use there postage service the delivery confirmation is only .35 and it prints your label up so you don't have to stand in line at the post office. (you do have to wiegh your package). All delivery confirmation envelopes have to be 3/4 inch thick, this i solve by either sticking a couple of packing peanuts or wrapping the card in the rigid holder once with bubble wrap. <br />This works best for us, and saves us money on delivery confirmation (which paypal requires if you ever have a dispute or you are screwed).<br /><br />Lee

Archive 04-13-2005 08:56 AM

Shipping materials

Posted By: <b>dan mckee</b><p>priority mail envelopes aren't thick enough, you are asking for trouble. Use thick cardboard and the only way is to cut it up.

Archive 04-13-2005 10:08 AM

Shipping materials

Posted By: <b>Julie</b><p>and they look like trash on the outside! (If customs should care to open them).