Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How long does it usually take? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=63612)

Archive 06-21-2003 03:20 PM

How long does it usually take?

Posted By: <b>Warshawlaw&nbsp; </b><p>I won a lot in the Lelands May 30th auction. I sent in payment a few days later. After hearing nothing for 10 days, I emailed them and was told that my check had been received on the 13th. Today is the 20th and still no items. Is this sort of lag typical of auction houses/of Lelands, or is there grounds for concern at this point? When should I start panicking?

Archive 06-21-2003 03:49 PM

Posted By: <b>Hankron</b><p>Adam, I won a lot in a previous Leland's auction and paid with personal check. Their shipping is slow but the item arrived. I also won some items in their latest auction and have not yet received my stuff. So there probably should be no great worry on your part. MastroNet is slow too-- though I suppose if you had just auctioned off 2,000+ lots worth whatever million, a slower than normal shipping is not unreasonable.<BR><BR>I won a lot in a Mike Gutierrez Auction, again paying with personal check. It took just a few days to receive the lot. After Leland's and MastroNet, this was a bit of a shocker.<BR><BR>

Archive 06-21-2003 03:55 PM

Posted By: <b>Hankron</b><p>One should also expect/factor in an an arm-and-a-leg shipping charge when bidding in a MastroNet, Lelands, Sotheby's, Christies, or such auction.

Archive 06-21-2003 05:08 PM

Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>I don't think you have anything to worry about. A little slow ...yes....but I am sure you will get your item soon..also, if they received it on the 13th they may have wanted it to clear first...which could take 5-6 days in itself...if they deposited immediately......best regards.....

Archive 06-23-2003 11:46 AM

Posted By: <b>julie</b><p>Whether this is because I wrote all over their bill, which I enclosed with payment, how I had plastered the Vintage Baseball Card Forum with my winnings, because I sent THEM my monety overnight air, or just because Id been underbidder in so many auctions they thought I'd get a kick out of it, or because (which is what they said on the phone) they didn't like "valuable pieces" crawli9ng across the U.S. on the ground (total bill: 8.1k--a lot--but not NEARLY as high as some)--I shall never know.

Archive 06-23-2003 12:17 PM

Posted By: <b>TBob</b><p>I sent my last winning bid payment by money order and delivery was excruciatingly slow also. Don't worry though, they are reliable and the shipment will make it there.

Archive 06-23-2003 12:18 PM

Posted By: <b>Jerry Spillman</b><p>I just noticed this post so it's a little late.<BR>I also won an auction lot so I called Doug at Lelands and he will bring it to the National. I pick it up at their table. Cheaper and safer to do it that way if you can.<BR>

Archive 06-23-2003 12:31 PM

Posted By: <b>Jerry Spillman</b><p>I should have added to my last post that I've known Joshua Leland Evans for 25 years.<BR>We are safe.<BR><BR>

Archive 06-23-2003 01:06 PM

Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>Glad you've had good experiences with Evans, because mine have been bad. I have no time for someone that makes promises, says he will pay for something, and then sends the items back instead of paying for because he wasn't able to resell it for a profit right away.<BR><BR>Jay

Archive 06-23-2003 06:12 PM

Posted By: <b>julie</b><p>but I've heard stories that would curl your hair, and know people that no longer do business with them.