Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Diamond Cuts (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=63258)

Archive 03-16-2003 10:40 AM

Diamond Cuts

Posted By: <b>runscott&nbsp; </b><p>Does anyone know why diamond cuts occur? Also, why only "top/bottom" rather than "left/right". Finally, I recently saw a diamond cut that only had the slant cut on the top, the bottom being "correct" - it was slabbed by a major grading company - is that possible?<BR><BR>Thanks

Archive 03-16-2003 04:04 PM

Diamond Cuts

Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>several of my candy issue Indians have a diamond cut only on the top. Never seen it only on the bottom in any type of card. No clue as to why it happens, but candy/carmel issues seen to be champions of this problem<BR><BR>Jay

Archive 03-16-2003 05:50 PM

Diamond Cuts

Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>and found a beautiful vintage quilt (about 20" x 30") that was spruced up with Indian silks - the seller claimed it was 1890's which I think is wrong, but he only wanted about $200 for it. If you're interested let me know, and I'll go back and call you from the antique store so you can ask questions.

Archive 03-16-2003 06:06 PM

Diamond Cuts

Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>Thanks, but sadly have no money for anything fun at the moment and have settled on focusing the Indian collection to strictly the large A&G cards.<BR><BR>Jay

Archive 03-16-2003 06:12 PM

Diamond Cuts

Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>I didn't buy anything today, but it was fun driving all over rural Georgia. I checked out antique malls, flea markets, etc. I was disappointed to find only one vintage baseball item - a small photo of the '52 Yankees that the seller wanted $175 for! <BR><BR>I did find a Mayo tin lunch box for $55, but I have no idea if that's a good price or not. Also found a Mayo tobacco tag for $12.50 - nice, in color, with a rooster on it.

Archive 03-17-2003 12:30 AM

Diamond Cuts

Posted By: <b>Lee Behrens</b><p>Is it possible that the card was either at the top or bottom of the sheet and the sheet as a whole was cut straight? Just a thought. I have T202s with a top or bottom straight edge and the opposite side that goofy angle cut.

Archive 03-17-2003 01:17 PM

Diamond Cuts

Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>if that were the case, they we should see some cards with bits of other cards near them on the sheet as the cut goes further and further out of alinement.<BR><BR>Jay

Archive 03-17-2003 01:24 PM

Diamond Cuts

Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>also forgot to comment that I almost all my Candadian Chewing Gum Indians have straight yop edge and and angled bottom edge.<BR><BR>Jay

Archive 03-17-2003 05:50 PM

Diamond Cuts

Posted By: <b>Julie</b><p>....

Archive 03-17-2003 06:43 PM

Diamond Cuts

Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>The only way I can picture cards getting cut like this is if they were cut left to right first, then the strips stacked and then cut crooked top to bottom. Any other ideas?