Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Net 54 rule (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=345318)

ALBB 01-21-2024 05:54 AM

Net 54 rule

Did I miss a rule change on this here Net 54 forum ?

Is the pre war section now allowing posts on " Non" pre war topics/ subjects/ opinions, etc ?

Leon 01-21-2024 06:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ALBB (Post 2406578)

Is the pre war section now allowing posts on " Non" pre war topics/ subjects/ opinions, etc ?

Yes, you went to the restroom and missed the change. Not.

No, they should be in their own section BUT, if you read the rules (very, very few do) then you would know some off topics are permitted. Admittedly, there have been too many recently and some will be moved. If folks would start pre war threads, and other threads, in their correct sections, it would help. ALso, if a topic tangentially can relate to prewar, many times it is left on the front page.

Here is a pre war card.. A w575-1 Clark's Bread card..

Eric72 01-21-2024 08:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here’s another guy who didn’t always follow the rules…

campyfan39 01-21-2024 02:14 PM

I'd like to say "thank you" for being a little lenient on this.
I love this board and the community but I am not a pre war collector. The post war forums are crickets. The main page is where its at. I have learned a great deal about pre war cards and appreciate them but I truly love the threads about Mantle and Mays and Jackie etc. Thank you

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 2406602)
Yes, you went to the restroom and missed the change. Not.

No, they should be in their own section BUT, if you read the rules (very, very few do) then you would know some off topics are permitted. Admittedly, there have been too many recently and some will be moved. If folks would start pre war threads, and other threads, in their correct sections, it would help. ALso, if a topic tangentially can relate to prewar, many times it is left on the front page.

Here is a pre war card.. A w575-1 Clark's Bread card..

raulus 01-21-2024 03:37 PM

I’ll second the gratitude for a little compassion towards us postwar collectors. Not sure if we’re all too lazy to click over the postwar side, or if there really are so few of us that collect postwar. But either way, all of the cool kids and all of the action seems to be on the main page, and we enjoy not having to sit at the kid table sometimes.

Casey2296 01-21-2024 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raulus (Post 2406730)
I’ll second the gratitude for a little compassion towards us postwar collectors. Not sure if we’re all too lazy to click over the postwar side, or if there really are so few of us that collect postwar. But either way, all of the cool kids and all of the action seems to be on the main page, and we enjoy not having to sit at the kid table sometimes.

Well put, postwar is significant, one of the most beautiful cards ever produced are the 51 Bowman Mays and Mantle imo, but it gets a little confusing when you combine a Billy Ripken FU with a Lou Gertenrich back in the same group.

bnorth 01-21-2024 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casey2296 (Post 2406743)
Well put, postwar is significant, one of the most beautiful cards ever produced are the 51 Bowman Mays and Mantle imo, but it gets a little confusing when you combine a Billy Ripken FU with a Lou Gertenrich back in the same group.

On a funny note. As someone who has owned and sold some silly rare Bill Ripken cards. If that card actually existed it would be worth the same as a low grade 51 Bowman Mays.:)

Casey2296 01-21-2024 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 2406750)
On a funny note. As someone who has owned and sold some silly rare Bill Ripken cards. If that card actually existed it would be worth the same as a low grade 51 Bowman Mays.:)

No, I get that Ben and follow your collection in the post war section and its awesome, I just think it's confusing overall, but I'm a rules guy. makes my life easier when I cam compartmentalize.

Beercan collector 01-21-2024 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALBB (Post 2406578)

Go Chiefs !

insidethewrapper 01-21-2024 07:55 PM

I still think it should " Modern 1976+" and "Non-Modern Pre 1976" since a lot of the "Pre War"discussion is about Mantle , Mays etc., 1950 's. 1975 and before is now about 50 years ago.

swarmee 01-21-2024 09:40 PM

I prefer them in the proper boards, because then you know where to look for them when you want to add to the thread. +1 for putting post war threads in post war section, since I check it regularly.

Snowman 01-22-2024 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by campyfan39 (Post 2406714)
I love this board and the community but I am not a pre war collector. The post war forums are crickets. The main page is where its at. I have learned a great deal about pre war cards and appreciate them but I truly love the threads about Mantle and Mays and Jackie etc. Thank you

I'd throw my hat into that ring as well. I've often found myself not even bothering to create posts because they technically don't meet the "pre-war" requirements, but they're not worth my time to post in post-war because all the action is on the main page. There just isn't enough traffic to split everything up IMO. I would vote to combine it all into one if voting were an option. I think it would increase overall engagement.

brianp-beme 01-22-2024 02:19 AM

Grumpy old man here. Check out the Goudey thread I recently posted on the main board...and stay off my vintage lawn with your darn Air Jordache sneakers!

Brian

Vintagedeputy 01-22-2024 03:23 AM

I collect 1880-1980, the typical “vintage years”. Thr pre-war board is where I spend the majority of my time, unless I’m discussing particular offshoots, like pinbacks, pennants, etc.

I enjoy the leniency and the ability to read about T206’s and 1964 Topps and whatever else falls into the thread.

parkplace33 01-22-2024 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by campyfan39 (Post 2406714)

Agree, plus I love all the discussion the main page.

Leon 01-22-2024 08:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Generally speaking, the curator of a zoo is going to have the best displays of things they are most interested in. The curator of this zoo specializes in pre-war baseball cards. That is what the main focus is and always has been, on Net54baseball. The sections won't be changing soon unless there is an overwhelming reason.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowman (Post 2406865)
I'd throw my hat into that ring as well. I've often found myself not even bothering to create posts because they technically don't meet the "pre-war" requirements, but they're not worth my time to post in post-war because all the action is on the main page. There just isn't enough traffic to split everything up IMO. I would vote to combine it all into one if voting were an option. I think it would increase overall engagement.

Bcwcardz 01-22-2024 10:31 AM

This is the first thing that popped into my mind when reading this thread. https://media0.giphy.com/media/l2JdU...lakU/giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jayshum 01-22-2024 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bcwcardz (Post 2406949)
This is the first thing that popped into my mind when reading this thread. https://media0.giphy.com/media/l2JdU...lakU/giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are a lot of threads that is appropriate for.

frankrizzo29 01-22-2024 03:33 PM

BST Section

I also thought it was a rule to not hijack people's BST threads with conversations that should be on the main page. Most recent example is talking about the merits of a set break raffle auction vs other normal selling options.

Leon 01-22-2024 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankrizzo29 (Post 2407053)
I also thought it was a rule to not hijack people's BST threads with conversations that should be on the main page. Most recent example is talking about the merits of a set break raffle auction vs other normal selling options.

A PM to a moderator, Brian or I, and we can look into that. It's generally not supposed to happen. If it's involving the seller then they are giving a tacit approval.