Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Anyone Else Think The Bills Got Robbed? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=343185)

jingram058 11-27-2023 03:15 PM

Anyone Else Think The Bills Got Robbed?

And I'm a Dolphins fan. But I mean, come on. Sure looked like the NFL desperately wanted the Eagles to win that game. The most obvious horse collar tackle, ripping Josh Allen's jersey, in all of football history is a non call? Wow.

D. Bergin 11-27-2023 03:56 PM

So the defense got the benefit of the doubt on a play on the QB for once? I think I'll let this one slide. ;)

Anyways, the dangerousness of a horse collar generally happens when you pull a guy down from behind, as you're chasing him from behind, forcing his upper body to bend backwards onto his lower body. Looks like the defender had him in the grasp from the front, and......Josh Allen is a big boy....so he reached around to the back to get him all the way down.

Not necessarily the spirit of why a horse-collar tackle was deemed illegal to begin with.

BTW, from what I can tell, the front of his jersey was ripped. The horse collar rule is focused on the back of the uniform.

I can see why Bills fans might be upset, and they've had a disappointing season so far......but I've seen much worse calls then this from officials on a regular basis.

Peter_Spaeth 11-27-2023 04:54 PM

Eh. Wasn't that bad.

Shoeless Moe 11-27-2023 07:41 PM

Agree with James pretty blatant. Refs blew it big time.

-Not a Bills fan, nor an Eagles fan

PS - Does anyone care that Bradley Cooper was there? Why did they show him 20 times, is he dating one of the Kelce's too?

jayshum 11-27-2023 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe (Post 2392256)
Agree with James pretty blatant. Refs blew it big time.

-Not a Bills fan, nor an Eagles fan

PS - Does anyone care that Bradley Cooper was there? Why did they show him 20 times, is he dating one of the Kelce's too?

Cooper has been shown at other Eagles games including last year's Super Bowl. I believe he is originally from the Philadelphia area.

nolemmings 11-28-2023 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayshum (Post 2392278)
Cooper has been shown at other Eagles games including last year's Super Bowl. I believe he is originally from the Philadelphia area.

Yes he's from Philly. He played an Eagles fan in Silver Linings Playbook--well, that wasn't really the focus of the role but you know what I mean.

Carter08 11-30-2023 03:49 PM

Seemed apparent to me the NFL wanted the Eagles to win that game. Penalties were way out of whack.

mcgwirecom 11-30-2023 08:17 PM

I live near Philly and am an Eagles fan. Every week people post that the Eagles are being helped by the refs. OK to what end? They already lost a game so its not to have an undefeated season. They are way ahead in the standings and are almost a lock for playoffs already. So why do they need help from the NFL?

Carter08 12-02-2023 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcgwirecom (Post 2393129)
I live near Philly and am an Eagles fan. Every week people post that the Eagles are being helped by the refs. OK to what end? They already lost a game so its not to have an undefeated season. They are way ahead in the standings and are almost a lock for playoffs already. So why do they need help from the NFL?

This is a year of parity and scoring is down. My view is it helps the brand to have some semblance of a dominant looking team. Chiefs are oddly down a little. 49ers fell flat for a bit. Eagles seem to be the closest thing to a dominant team so doesn’t hurt to help them out a little. The game was pretty grossly reffed - not just the obvious huge miss on the horse collar turned intentional grounding.