Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How many people on the board have you blocked? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=342760)

Snapolit1 11-16-2023 08:56 AM

How many people on the board have you blocked?

In the last year I finally had to take the plunge. Feels good to eliminate a few psychopaths.

parkplace33 11-16-2023 09:06 AM

I wasn't aware you can block members on Net54. How can you do this?

BobbyStrawberry 11-16-2023 09:09 AM

It's the "ignore list" in the "User control panel".

There are a few for me. Some of whom I'm not even sure like baseball cards :confused:

NiceDocter 11-16-2023 09:14 AM

None for me

I want to hear all the opinions although I’m not a big fan of the personal stuff that sometimes comes up. And as for the crazies…. todays lunatic is tomorrow’s Nostradamus ….. or not. A side question……. wonder who the most blocked poster is and if they even know (or care LOL)?

raulus 11-16-2023 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapolit1 (Post 2389214)
In the last year I finally had to take the plunge. Feels good to eliminate a few psychopaths.

Hopefully I’m not the one that tipped you over the edge…

I will say that I haven’t gone there on this platform, but I have blocked a few goons on eBay who have become irate and abusive when I declined to accept their offers for my BIN stuff for sale.

brianp-beme 11-16-2023 09:32 AM

Thankfully raulus quoted Steve's post, otherwise I would not have been able to see it.

Brian (just kidding...I still allow myself to see every single post that Steve puts out there)

BobbyStrawberry 11-16-2023 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brianp-beme (Post 2389236)
Thankfully raulus quoted Steve's post, otherwise I would not have been able to see it.

Brian (just kidding...I still allow myself to see every single post that Steve puts out there)

That's funny. A nice thing about the ignore list is that you can still view an individual post from an ignored member (if you dare) by clicking "view post".

Leon 11-16-2023 09:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
To be clear, you can't ignore a moderator LOL....Sorry guys, cards I post can't be blocked (again and again and again).

and a card with a pose I have always enjoyed...

Snowman 11-16-2023 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceDocter (Post 2389222)
I want to hear all the opinions although I’m not a big fan of the personal stuff that sometimes comes up. And as for the crazies…. todays lunatic is tomorrow’s Nostradamus ….. or not. A side question……. wonder who the most blocked poster is and if they even know (or care LOL)?

I'll throw my hat in that ring. I'm at least self-aware enough to know I'm certainly in the running. As for whether I care? LOL

bobbyw8469 11-16-2023 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowman (Post 2389248)
I'll throw my hat in that ring. I'm at least self-aware enough to know I'm certainly in the running. As for whether I care? LOL

Ditto.

steve B 11-16-2023 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 2389246)
To be clear, you can't ignore a moderator LOL....Sorry guys, cards I post can't be blocked (again and again and again).

Pekinpaugh looks like he's fixin to take that bat to someone....
Wonderful pose.

steve B 11-16-2023 10:31 AM

I haven't blocked anyone.
There are days though....

But very few, a couple ways to look at it

If two people claim to always agree on everything one is probably lying or spineless.

It's our differences that make us human, as trying as those differences may be at times, they should be something to be enjoyed and celebrated.

Section103 11-16-2023 10:47 AM

I think its like 2 or 3. The old thread that recently bounced back up with so many members who are gone or were kicked out certainly contained my target group. I had to remove myself from the recent "Why Do Things Have To Be This Way". That simply just got carried away. Its trash and just doesnt belong on the main board or really anywhere in N54 given the "no politics" stance.

philliesfan 11-16-2023 10:50 AM

I have not and do not intend on blocking anyone. I feel most of the posts here are helpful in one way or another.
Bob

parkplace33 11-16-2023 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve B (Post 2389259)
I haven't blocked anyone.
There are days though....

But very few, a couple ways to look at it

If two people claim to always agree on everything one is probably lying or spineless.

It's our differences that make us human, as trying as those differences may be at times, they should be something to be enjoyed and celebrated.

Concur, I like reading others' opinions.

boneheadandrube 11-16-2023 10:59 AM

"click to view post"

If I blocked all the usernames that I have been annoyed with more than once for posts or personality, I would have a blank screen on N54.

Take that!

Jay Wolt 11-16-2023 11:07 AM

I haven't blocked anyone
Its just a message board, no need to have hostility towards a member

bnorth 11-16-2023 11:36 AM

I have no one blocked. I enjoy everyones posts in one way or another. I did block Jake for a while but I just couldn't resist reading his silly to me posts so I unblocked him.

Now if someone would quote this so most members will see it.:D

jingram058 11-16-2023 01:09 PM

I doubt I am blocked, but who knows? Ignored? Absolutely. Can't say I give a flying f#@k.

raulus 11-16-2023 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jingram058 (Post 2389313)
I doubt I am blocked, but who knows? Ignored? Absolutely. Can't say I give a flying f#@k.

James - quoting you here for the benefit of everyone who has blocked you, so they can see just how much you care.

Republicaninmass 11-16-2023 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raulus (Post 2389344)
James - quoting you here for the benefit of everyone who has blocked you, so they can see just how much you care.

Kumbaya my Lord....kumbaya

Snapolit1 11-16-2023 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brianp-beme (Post 2389236)

Oh, I am sure I am on some blocked lists. No illusions otherwise.

RCMcKenzie 11-16-2023 03:12 PM

I don't know how to do that, so I voted 0. I can always scroll down if I get bored with someone's post.

My question is...who buys all this stuff? Nate Thurmond's drawers, A Michael Jordan painting by Michael Jordan. The Rock's dinner jacket. 25 NY Titans pennants?

I know that anytime I lose an auction, someone on here won it, so I guess you guys buy all this stuff. My question is not how do you all afford it, it's how do you have room for it?

mrreality68 11-16-2023 03:19 PM

Fortunately I never had to block anyone

In my experience Even some of the more challenging are just passionate about the forum and their collections

LEHR 11-16-2023 03:29 PM

I've blocked zero. I didn't even know that was an option prior to reading this thread.

JollyElm 11-16-2023 03:30 PM

Definitely have covered this topic many times in my 'Collectorisms' thread, so I'll just leave this here:

67. Picrimony
When you see a certain member’s avatar in a thread and immediately wonder, “What’s this guy complaining about THIS time?!!”

See also: Skipnore - instead of placing a member on your ‘ignore’ list, you decide to simply scroll right by his posts every time you see his screenname.

266. Blockaid
The post, PM, or some other occurrence that tells you it’s time to relegate a particular member to your ‘ignore’ list.

See also: Speedelete - when you see a PM in your in-box and you know the guy who sent it is just spewing crap, so you immediately throw it in the trash without reading it.

See also: Perplexiled - when you find yourself on the blocked list of an eBay seller and have no recollection as to why you were put there.

See also: Laughingblock - when someone believes that blocking you is going to adversely affect your life, but it just makes you chuckle.

560. Ignormalcy
How placing the right member on your ‘ignore’ list returns a sense of harmony to the site and increases your enjoyment of it exponentially.

See also: Quotetails - when someone quotes one of those guys in their post, so you are forced to see whatever garbage is coming out of his keyboard now.

See also: Dismishugener (Yid.) - the gumption of someone who is found on countless members’ ‘ignore’ lists talking about the members he himself put on his own ‘ignore’ list.

1073. Ignorvitation
When someone expresses his annoyance at something you wrote, so you invite him to simply add you to their ‘ignore list.’

jiw98 11-16-2023 03:39 PM

I’ve blocked a total of zero. I don’t always agree with a person’s opinion but that doesn’t mean that they should not be allowed to express themselves.

G1911 11-16-2023 03:48 PM

Only 1 on my list at present, it just took to much scrolling to get past his posts :D

Possibly in the top ten most blocked.

raulus 11-16-2023 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G1911 (Post 2389375)
Only 1 on my list at present, it just took to much scrolling to get past his posts :D

Possibly in the top ten most blocked.

Sounds like a BobC reference. Haven’t seen him around lately. Hopefully he’s all right!

Exhibitman 11-16-2023 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raulus (Post 2389378)
Sounds like a BobC reference. Haven’t seen him around lately. Hopefully he’s all right!

Probably carpal tunnel :)

Exhibitman 11-16-2023 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 2389246)

It is a classic; here's Billy's homage, with an added bonus:

https://photos.imageevent.com/exhibi...C%20Martin.jpg

I guess being a manager and being pissed off go together.

https://y.yarn.co/4f168861-23d0-41c7...0a94d_text.gif

brianp-beme 11-16-2023 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raulus (Post 2389344)

To summarize, in case some of you out there have already blocked, or will eventually end up blocking, both jingram058 and raulus, I quoted raulus who quoted for posterity jingram058's post that he (jingram058) doesn't give a flying "f/number/at/k" if people are ignoring or blocking him.

Brian (because the symbol '#' does not indicate a hash tag for me)