Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Poll: SELLERS preferred National Location (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=338638)

teza11 08-02-2023 02:12 PM

Poll: SELLERS preferred National Location

Lots of discussion about preferred National locations. Let's get some quick stats from a SELLERS (dealer) perspective. Even if you did not attend this year, where would your preferred venue be located? A separate poll was created for buyers. Curious to see if the results align.

Jeff

philliesfan 08-02-2023 02:17 PM

I am not going to vote because I am not a seller yet. But again Atlantic City because of location to where I live. However, I would love to set up in a year or two when I retire and the closer the better.

teza11 08-02-2023 09:03 PM

Bump. It would be good to get more commentary from SELLERS. Here's your chance to influence the selection committee.

Jeff

MikeGarcia 08-03-2023 07:27 AM

Trial Run.

Quote:

Originally Posted by philliesfan (Post 2361089)
I am not going to vote because I am not a seller yet. But again Atlantic City because of location to where I live. However, I would love to set up in a year or two when I retire and the closer the better.

.. You can practice at Valley Forge/Oaks shows ; they lately are approaching AC National in size.

notfast 08-03-2023 07:38 AM

There is absolutely no way actual vendors who set up at the national would vote for Vegas.

Just look at the locations of the dealers in the other thread.

bbsports 08-03-2023 07:42 AM

When we drew our booth locations for the Cleveland National next year, a ballot was presented to dealers to vote on Chicago, Atlanta, or Atlantic City for the year 2026. Atlantic City offered all dealers a $1000. discount for every booth for the National in 2026. Even though that's hard to pass up, I think having a National in Nashville would be nice, but if someway we can get back to Baltimore, by the harbor, that would even be better.

notfast 08-03-2023 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbsports (Post 2361292)
When we drew our booth locations for the Cleveland National next year, a ballot was presented to dealers to vote on Chicago, Atlanta, or Atlantic City for the year 2026. Atlantic City offered all dealers a $1000. discount for every booth for the National in 2026. Even though that's hard to pass up, I think having a National in Nashville would be nice, but if someway we can get back to Baltimore, by the harbor, that would even be better.

Baltimore isn’t an option. It isn’t even half the size needed.

ullmandds 08-03-2023 08:01 AM

how come mpls isn't on the list????

Yoda 08-03-2023 01:01 PM

I would love to see
I would love to see it in West Palm Beach which has got everything a National.l. The new convention is great and the a/c works great.

parkplace33 08-04-2023 03:43 PM

Dealers would complain about Vegas, but in the end, money trumps all.

Exhibitman 08-04-2023 07:01 PM

The whiners are just going to have to get over their bad selves, because the show is growing beyond amateur hour and into a major industry trade show. It ought to be treated as such and not just as a cash cow for the promoters.

I've set up at the show as a subtenant in the past. My vote is Vegas, baby! I'd like somewhere professionally run, secure as hell, and easily accessible. The Sands Expo Center and the Las Vegas Convention Center each can provide over a million square feet of contiguous space. There are 20,000+ hotel rooms in walking distance in an area that is as safe at midnight as at noon, the airport is one of the world's busiest and largest, and there is interstate access literally to the front door of the venues. Oh, and did I mention all-night bars and world-class dining with everything from fast food to Michelin starred restaurants? Plus, lots of fun somewheres for the wife and kids to head off to while daddy is at the show.

If it costs more, hit up the corporate sponsors for the extra dough. Or add more of them since the floor space can handle it.

leaflover 08-05-2023 08:16 AM

Well stated. "VIVA LAS VEGAS"

ChasingPaper 08-05-2023 09:28 AM

Im sure most on here have never been to Anaheim, but having lived in SoCal my whole life, I can say that the area around the convention center in Anaheim is just beautiful and right across the street from Disneyland and many nice hotels. Streets lined with palm trees, beautiful weather, tons of restaurants, shops and 20 minutes from beautiful beaches. I dont see how any other venue/location could even compare.

Exhibitman 08-05-2023 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CardboardandCrackerjacks (Post 2361845)
Im sure most on here have never been to Anaheim, but having lived in SoCal my whole life, I can say that the area around the convention center in Anaheim is just beautiful and right across the street from Disneyland and many nice hotels. Streets lined with palm trees, beautiful weather, tons of restaurants, shops and 20 minutes from beautiful beaches. I dont see how any other venue/location could even compare.

I agree it is a great venue to select. I've been to every National there starting in 1991, and I will be in booth 1456 over Labor Day weekend at the Burbank Sports Show's monster card show in Anaheim with a festival of bric-a-brac to choose from.

BillyCoxDodgers3B 08-05-2023 01:38 PM

Quote:

The floor plan is far from ideal. I seem to recall an L shape? While the inside of the venue was clean and bright, I wasn't impressed with the layout. Keep in mind that my memory is now 17 years old. Maybe the space is adjustable and I'm simply unaware. I didn't think it looked to be, but was too busy back then to explore too much. One inner wall of the L shape was definitely not adjustable, as I do recall a lot of windows where we were set up.

A few small pockets of the state aside, I'm not a California lover and will avoid being there ever again, so the point is likely moot from my perspective.

Steve_NY 08-08-2023 09:34 AM

Personally, having done 39 Nationals, it doesn't really matter where the show is held: it's the National. Wherever it is, the collectors and dealers will come.

But I would grab the quick $1k from Atlantic City and if not, then Atlanta followed by Chicago. Chicago too many years in a row is boring.

Lobo Aullando 08-08-2023 01:20 PM

No other venue/location could even compare? Oh, yeah? Oh, YEAH????

Well...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gg86Enr2WZ8?start=46" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Quote:

Aquarian Sports Cards 08-08-2023 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 2361371)
I would love to see
I would love to see it in West Palm Beach which has got everything a National.l. The new convention is great and the a/c works great.

about half the required size.

Exhibitman 08-08-2023 04:56 PM

I d/k if it has the convention center but if it does, I'd go to Miami because I have relatives there and could stay with them. Not having a hotel bill for the week would be nice.

Tony Gordon 08-10-2023 12:20 PM

I’ll set up wherever it is located but if it moves out West, I will be limited to inventory that I can carry on the plane. I prefer east of the Mississippi where I can drive and bring my full inventory.

Exhibitman 08-10-2023 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Gordon (Post 2363203)
I’ll set up wherever it is located but if it moves out West, I will be limited to inventory that I can carry on the plane. I prefer east of the Mississippi where I can drive and bring my full inventory.

The reverse applies to every dealer in the west.

timber63401 08-10-2023 10:33 PM

Try it in Vegas 1 year and see what happens. This might not be a popular opinion but if some of the regular National dealers from the East coast don't want to set up that year that would be fine, maybe some fresh West Coast dealers that never set up before would be a good thing.

Tabe 08-10-2023 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timber63401 (Post 2363334)
Try it in Vegas 1 year and see what happens. This might not be a popular opinion but if some of the regular National dealers from the East coast don't want to set up that year that would be fine, maybe some fresh West Coast dealers that never set up before would be a good thing.

Exactly.

glynparson 08-11-2023 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeGarcia (Post 2361285)
.. You can practice at Valley Forge/Oaks shows ; they lately are approaching AC National in size.

Not close. It’s bigger for a regional show but ac was way bigger.

obcbobd 08-11-2023 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timber63401 (Post 2363334)

I agree and I'm in Boston!

1954 topps 08-11-2023 12:44 PM

Coming from MA I’d second Vegas over Chicago, if east coast guys are flying half way across the country Vegas has more appeal than Chicago. Also hotels and food would be cheaper.

I feel many attendees and dealers are ready for a new location or two. I’d propose something like the below to move the show around.

Chicago
Atlantic City
Cleveland
Las Vegas
New site (Charlotte, Nashville, Orlando, Atlanta for Southeast options) or Dallas, Louisville, Cincinnati)
repeat back to Chicago

rgpete 08-11-2023 04:27 PM

Charlotte NC

Leon 08-13-2023 02:24 PM

I would vote to have it in Rosemont every year. Or Dallas every year LOL...

stkuhl 09-18-2023 09:11 AM

Article in the Wall Street Journal listed Top 10 convention centers. Chicago was #2 and Cleveland and Atlantic City were not on the list. Las Vegas listed twice and also Orlando, Atlanta, and Dallas among others.

BobbyStrawberry 09-18-2023 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stkuhl (Post 2373852)
Article in the Wall Street Journal listed Top 10 convention centers. Chicago was #2 and Cleveland and Atlantic City were not on the list. Las Vegas listed twice and also Orlando, Atlanta, and Dallas among others.

What was #1?

Exhibitman 09-18-2023 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyStrawberry (Post 2373853)
What was #1?

https://photos.imageevent.com/exhibi...oit%202022.jpg

jiw98 09-18-2023 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exhibitman (Post 2373896)

I don’t think this will work. No elevator!😉

stkuhl 09-19-2023 09:07 AM

Las Vegas was #1 and also 6

ocjack 09-19-2023 05:39 PM

So based upon the poll, 70% of the dealers want to go somewhere else.

I tried to go to the recent Anaheim show and turned back because of the traffic jam, poor parking conditions and crowds from concurrent shows. After two hours I was still in my car driving around looking for parking. Maybe Anaheim in February is a better bet if they are not competing with other major shows.

But I'm sort of resigned to not attending any more Nationals.

kmac32 09-20-2023 12:14 AM

Orlando would be awesome