Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New Member Intro (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=335158)

rackpack7272 05-08-2023 06:03 PM

New Member Intro

Hi everyone - I just joined the forum and wanted to introduce myself. Like many collectors, I got my start collecting during the junk wax area. I took a long break before getting back into collecting over the past year or so. I recently discovered this forum, and it's a great resource.

For the time being, I've decided to "focus" my efforts on the following:
-Roberto Clemente cards
-1952-54 Topps
-1933 Goudey
-T206
-T207
-And I also really enjoyed Glory of Their Times, so I'm trying to get at least one card from each player featured in the book.

There are some extremely impressive collections and cards that have been posted here; I'm starting small (low grade, mostly commons, so no Ty or Babe yet), but hope to be able to grow my collection over time.

I look forward to learning from all of you!

mrreality68 05-08-2023 06:23 PM

Welcome aboard

Some big sets you want to focus on

Looking forward to seeing what you have/get

Enjoy the ride

BobbyStrawberry 05-08-2023 06:46 PM

Welcome! Lots of nice people and great collecting knowledge on here.

Casey2296 05-08-2023 07:02 PM

Welcome, you couldn't have found a better group of folks to share this hobby with.

philliesfan 05-08-2023 07:13 PM

Welcome. You will learn a lot from the great people on here.
Best of luck collecting!
Bob

Fred 05-08-2023 08:27 PM

Well, let's hope you are getting back in at the right time and that prices drop a bit as a welcome back for you. I remember those junk wax days.

Watch carefully and closely and don't get sucked too far into the registry craziness, unless of course you're into that type of collecting.

The Detroit Collector 05-09-2023 05:07 AM

welcome, love to see what you get for those sets

ClementeFanOh 05-09-2023 05:35 AM

Welcome aboard! Lots of wonderful people on net54, who also happen to
be great resources for the hobby. Trent King

MuncieNolePAZ 05-09-2023 05:48 AM

Welcome. You will find yourself spending large amounts of time on here.

Chad

Leon 05-13-2023 03:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by rackpack7272 (Post 2338517)
Hi everyone - I just joined the forum and wanted to introduce myself. Like many collectors, I got my start collecting during the junk wax area. I took a long break before getting back into collecting over the past year or so. I recently discovered this forum, and it's a great resource.

For the time being, I've decided to "focus" my efforts on the following:
-Roberto Clemente cards
-1952-54 Topps
-1933 Goudey
-T206
-T207
-And I also really enjoyed Glory of Their Times, so I'm trying to get at least one card from each player featured in the book.

There are some extremely impressive collections and cards that have been posted here; I'm starting small (low grade, mostly commons, so no Ty or Babe yet), but hope to be able to grow my collection over time.

I look forward to learning from all of you!

A delayed, welcome. You are in a good place to talk about those sets. Slow and easy is the way to do it.

fyi...Sometimes we put cards in threads for a reason, or no reason.

brianclat11 05-14-2023 07:51 PM

Welcome to the best site there is for your collecting aspirations. Those are some good(and pricey) areas to target. Best of luck!