Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   PSA Specials? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=333780)

Mike D. 04-04-2023 04:00 PM

PSA Specials?

Anyone hearing anything about PSA specials? It's April 4th...are we going to go a 2nd straight month with no sportscards specials?

Is "value bulk" the new monthly special?!

bobbyw8469 04-05-2023 03:52 AM

I'm guessing they got absolutely flooded the last time they ran a decent special. That kills all future specials.

Johnny630 04-05-2023 04:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 (Post 2329718)
I'm guessing they got absolutely flooded the last time they ran a decent special. That kills all future specials.

Agree looking at their stats they blow away all other grading companies in terms of sheer cards graded per month !

toledo_mudhen 04-05-2023 09:32 AM

Where do you find this report online?

So currently PSA is grossing over $25,000,000 per month?

Not bad for a plastic slab and opinion salesman....

Johnny630 04-05-2023 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toledo_mudhen (Post 2329778)
Where do you find this report online?

So currently PSA is grossing over $25,000,000 per month?

Not bad for a plastic slab and opinion salesman....

GemRate.com

PSA is a Brilliant Revenue Generating Business.

raulus 04-05-2023 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 (Post 2329718)

Agreed that they seem pretty backed up. My experience on recent(ish) submissions suggests that turnaround time at the lowest level of service is 5-6 months for vintage pieces. Modern seems to move quickly, though!

So if they’re going to have a special, I wouldn’t be surprised if they targeted it to business lines that don’t have a big backlog, like on the modern side. And maybe some of their other stuff, like Pokémon or something.

Mike D. 04-05-2023 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raulus (Post 2329781)
Agreed that they seem pretty backed up. My experience on recent(ish) submissions suggests that turnaround time at the lowest level of service is 5-6 months for vintage pieces. Modern seems to move quickly, though!

So if they’re going to have a special, I wouldn’t be surprised if they targeted it to business lines that don’t have a big backlog, like on the modern side. And maybe some of their other stuff, like Pokémon or something.

My recent experience with vintage vs. modern matches yours. My last sub was a modern one. Arrived at PSA on 2/27 and I've had it back a week or two. I sent a vintage sub on 2/7 and it's still in QA1 (where it's been for weeks).

They did run a special last month for Pokemon and other non-sports, so I think you're right there, too.

JollyElm 04-05-2023 03:13 PM

604. Easy Come, Easy Dough (adage)
How incredibly easy it is for TPGs to grade new cards, since they are of extremely high quality to begin with, and go straight from the pack into card savers and then submitted...without the chance of ever suffering wear.