Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Chantilly Card Show - March/April 2023 (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=333634)

theshowandme 03-31-2023 08:44 PM

Chantilly Card Show - March/April 2023

Seemed liked a pretty busy day today. Expect tomorrow to be packed

Lots of good pre-war in the room.

Howard C, Tom B, Stan L, Bill C, and several more great dealers are set up. Good to see so many friendly faces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theshowandme 04-02-2023 06:15 AM

Very busy day yesterday. How are dealers feeling about the show so far?

Johnny630 04-02-2023 06:37 AM

Sadly I heard there were several thefts of higher value cards from dealers on Saturday. Dealers Please remain vigilant at these shows.

robinsonmantle 04-02-2023 08:46 AM

That is too bad about the thefts.

Friday was definitely quieter and slower than Saturday from a visitors perspective.

I hope Net54 members have/had good luck buying and selling!

parkplace33 04-02-2023 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny630 (Post 2328919)
Sadly I heard there were several thefts of higher value cards from dealers on Saturday. Dealers Please remain vigilant at these shows.

Heard the same thing. Seems to be a trend the past year at card shows. Maybe a team/ring of thieves?

Dealers and collectors, be vigilant at the Strongsville show in two weeks. Everyone is stacked on top of each other at that show.

theshowandme 04-02-2023 07:15 PM

I hate that dealers have to worry about that stuff. I know some folks were hit in Philly a few weeks ago too.

A lighter Sunday today as expected but I had a ton of fun. Didn’t buy anything all weekend but had plenty of good conversations with folks

bbcard1 04-02-2023 07:19 PM

Used to do Friday rain or shine, but when they went to $25 for admission, I go sometimes, sometimes I don't. I like shows, but they are seldom the best place to buy cards.

notfast 04-02-2023 07:23 PM

Also heard about the thefts. People are pieces of shit.

Spike 04-02-2023 09:08 PM

Attended Friday and puzzled by the main room's layout that set aside a chunk of the back for autographing items in a cordoned off space in a way that forced a handful of dealers into a side room with almost no foot traffic. If you're going to shield off an autograph area, why not make that the side room and keep all the dealers in one area? Hope people with better knowledge of the show planning can illuminate us. :confused:

theshowandme 04-02-2023 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 2329153)
Attended Friday and puzzled by the main room's layout that set aside a chunk of the back for autographing items in a cordoned off space in a way that forced a handful of dealers into a side room with almost no foot traffic. If you're going to shield off an autograph area, why not make that the side room and keep all the dealers in one area? Hope people with better knowledge of the show planning can illuminate us. :confused:

I believe those people reserved table space after the main floor was fully booked

hcv123 04-03-2023 07:18 AM

It was a busy show.......

I have been doing the show for about 3 years now. Foot traffic was much busier than it's been - I'd like to think a testament to Joe D's promotion.

Had a solid selling and buying show. Picked up a fully graded 1966 set with 365 PSA 8's, 60 PSA 9's and 173 PSA 7's. Not sure if I'm keeping it intact or breaking it - Pm me if you have an interest one way or the other.

I did hear about a couple of thefts (I was the victim of one in Philly - waiting on the police to give me the okay to release images of the perpetrator). This seems to be a growing trend and I think there needs to be a cooperative effort of 1) Promoters beefing up security, especially quick access to video surveillance, dealers being more careful/vigilant with how accessible they leave their inventory and 3) everyone keeping a little more of an eye open knowing these thefts are happening pretty regularly.

parkplace33 04-03-2023 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hcv123 (Post 2329212)
I have been doing the show for about 3 years now. Foot traffic was much busier than it's been - I'd like to think a testament to Joe D's promotion.

Had a solid selling and buying show. Picked up a fully graded 1966 set with 365 PSA 8's, 60 PSA 9's and 173 PSA 7's. Not sure if I'm keeping it intact or breaking it - Pm me if you have an interest one way or the other.

I did hear about a couple of thefts (I was the victim of one in Philly - waiting on the police to give me the okay to release images of the perpetrator). This seems to be a growing trend and I think there needs to be a cooperative effort of 1) Promoters beefing up security, especially quick access to video surveillance, dealers being more careful/vigilant with how accessible they leave their inventory and 3) everyone keeping a little more of an eye open knowing these thefts are happening pretty regularly.

Howard, glad it was a good show.

I couldn't agree more about security. Maybe hiring off duty police officers. I am worried about theft inside the show, but moreso people walking to cards with thousands of dollars either in cash or in the value of cards.