Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Net54 EXCLUSIVE! M116 BLUE BACKGROUND "SET" BREAK Wagner & Cobb + 9 HOFers (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=329101)

hcv123 12-16-2022 02:37 PM

Net54 EXCLUSIVE! M116 BLUE BACKGROUND "SET" BREAK Wagner & Cobb + 9 HOFers

8 Attachment(s)
This is a paid advertisement

Dear board members,

I am offering a very exciting “set break” opportunity! I have a “set” of 24 M116 Blue background cards + 1 Bresnahan M116 blue background blank back proof for a total of 25 cards. I am including pictures of the top 4 in this post. You can see the rest of the cards here: M116 Blue Background set. 11 of the 25 cards are Hall of Famers!! The Cobb and Wagner are valued in excess of $10K each. Spots are $1375 each. I would love to have it be a Net 54 exclusive! With only 25 available and a 1 in 12.5 chance of a hit worth over $10K I expect spots will sell out quickly.
If you would like a spot – please post and PM me – I will update this thread with a running list of participants. I will send you a confirmation message and request a $100 deposit to hold your spot – balance due once all spots are filled. If for any reason the break doesn’t sell out all deposits will be refunded.

1. Toby P.
2. Toby P.
3. Nicolo P.
4. Jesse A.
5. Don H.
6. Errol T.
7. Phil L.
8. Mike J.
9. Chris M.
10. Jim G.

Once all spots are sold, I will set up a “YouTube live” broadcast with at least 7 days notice. I will post here on Net 54 for those who want to watch as well as send to all paid participants. I will be using the Wheel of Names website for the random selection. 2 wheels will be used. 1 wheel will have all the participant names. The 2nd wheel will have all of the cards. Once the live broadcast starts, each wheel will be shuffled 3X. The wheel of participants will be spun to select a participant name. Then the wheel of cards will be spun to select the card for the participant that was selected. The winning participant and winning card will be removed from the wheels. The wheel spinning process will continue until all participants have been matched with a card. I will type the list of selected participants and cards into an excel sheet on the broadcast as selected.

I invite any questions.

Many on here know me and I ask for those that do – please share your experience of my integrity, to help those who don’t, feel assured that all will be “above board” and 100% legit. I will have no spots nor any vested interest in any person winning any card – I am earning my end from selling the spots.

Howard Chasser

ClementeFanOh 12-16-2022 02:41 PM

Howard

Howard has shown the utmost integrity in sales and trades between us- Trent King

Casey2296 12-16-2022 02:43 PM

Great cards and sounds like a lot of fun, good luck to the participants.

Howard has been a man of integrity and professionalism in my dealings with him in case one needs a reference.

brianp-beme 12-16-2022 03:24 PM

I checked over all of the cards in the link provided...pretty consistent in eye appeal throughout. Good luck to Howard and all who participate.

Brian

raulus 12-16-2022 05:13 PM

My post is not paid.

Count me in, Howard.

Howard has always been a first rate chap when we've transacted, including years before my admission to this board.

pokerplyr80 12-16-2022 09:40 PM

I checked the scans of all cards as well and agree they have nice eye appeal for the grades. I will take 1 spot.

Deposit sent. Should be fun.

rugbymarine 12-17-2022 02:44 AM

I’ve bought cards from Howard online, as well as in person. Always knowledgeable, friendly, and more importantly, trustworthy for a set break like this.

Good luck to the participants!

theshowandme 12-17-2022 07:16 AM

Not going to be able to participate, but 100% vouch for Howard. He has been teaching me a lot the last few years at Chantilly/Philadelphia shows as I window shop his booths!

Donscards 12-17-2022 08:33 AM

Howard $100 deposit sent for 1 spot--Good Luck, should be exciting--Howard is Top Notch--A great person to deal with. Don

parkerj33 12-19-2022 09:38 AM

i will vouch for howard as well!

maniac_73 12-19-2022 10:32 AM

Wish I didnt just make a couple big purchases or I would be all over this. Howard is top notch!

Leon 12-22-2022 02:17 PM

It looks like Howard (hi Howard) has a good board rating!
Good luck to all.

Casey2296 12-22-2022 03:02 PM

Lets see if I'm on the naughty or nice list this year and if Christmas Miracles do happen. Put me down for one slot please Howard.

Seven 12-22-2022 03:41 PM

I've purchased from Howard in person, multiple times, and have talked to him on the forum. He's one of the best in the Hobby.

Rhotchkiss 12-22-2022 03:47 PM

Good luck Phil. I have seen this set on two different occasions - its very pretty and the blue is so cool. The Wagner and Lajoie, specifically, are great looking examples.

Howard has already received numerous endorsements and is well-known on this thread. But I want to put myself down as someone who highly endorses Howard. We have done numerous big-dollar deals together, he once met a guy in south shore long island for me and picked up and drove a 1917 Boston Store Ruth to the Chantilly Show for me, and he has been a valuable source of information and introductions for me over the years. This set break will be done fairly and honestly. Good luck to all!

PS - The only reason I have not taken a (or four) slot(s) is that I already have my blue Wags and Cobb.

Ryan Hotchkiss

brianp-beme 12-22-2022 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss (Post 2296728)
Good luck Phil. I have seen this set on two different occasions - its very pretty and the blue is so cool. The Wagner and Lajoie, specifically, are great looking examples.

PS - The only reason I have not taken a (or four) slot(s) is that I already have my blue Wags and Cobb.

Ryan Hotchkiss

One in 25 chance of getting the Lajoie with one slot, and 16% if you get 4 slots.

Brian 'Math Made Easy' Net54er

Rhotchkiss 12-22-2022 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brianp-beme (Post 2296750)
One in 25 chance of getting the Lajoie with one slot, and 16% if you get 4 slots.

Brian 'Math Made Easy' Net54er

Well, that Lajoie is a total beast….

Cmvorce 12-22-2022 08:31 PM

What a fun idea. Good luck to all. Can’t wait to see the results.

hcv123 12-26-2022 10:18 AM

Holiday bump

Going to give it another week or so here before offering outside Net 54. This break has by far a lot better percentages than any I have seen. Who else wants in?

brianp-beme 01-03-2023 11:45 AM

I certainly have the itch, but I don't have the scratch. Sadly I have to settle for a bottle of calamine lotion.

Brian

rjackson44 01-03-2023 12:15 PM

Hi

Have done deals with howard in person top notch

pawpawdiv9 01-04-2023 01:32 PM

OP- i do have a ?
When doing the spin process. You mention 3x's?
Was that for each wheel? the list of people and list of cards

And once you remove the person & card-- then would you be spinning the wheels 3x's again (both the people & cards) and continue on & on.
Thats what i reading right??

Quote:

2 wheels will be used. 1 wheel will have all the participant names. The 2nd wheel will have all of the cards. Once the live broadcast starts, each wheel will be shuffled 3X. The wheel of participants will be spun to select a participant name. Then the wheel of cards will be spun to select the card for the participant that was selected. The winning participant and winning card will be removed from the wheels. The wheel spinning process will continue until all participants have been matched with a card. I will type the list of selected participants and cards into an excel sheet on the broadcast as selected.
BTW-- Count me in on this.
UPDATED: paid for 1 spot

hcv123 01-04-2023 01:47 PM

Hi Chris

Quote:

Originally Posted by pawpawdiv9 (Post 2301019)
OP- i do have a ?
When doing the spin process. You mention 3x's?
Was that for each wheel? the list of people and list of cards

And once you remove the person & card-- then would you be spinning the wheels 3x's again (both the people & cards) and continue on & on.
Thats what i reading right??

BTW-- Count me in on this.

Thanks for the questions and PM.

The 3X refers to initially shuffling each wheel (the card wheel and the participant wheel) prior to any spinning.

So : the card names will be entered on wheel 1
the participant names will be entered on wheel 2

When the live broadcast starts - there is a "shuffle" function (which you can check out on the website I linked to in the original post). I will hit the "shuffle" button 3X for each wheel. It randomly places the names in different spaces on the wheels.

Once each wheel is "shuffled" 3X the spinning begins. There is no additional shuffling after the initial 3X. So after participant 1 and card 1 are selected and removed, each wheel is spun again to select participant 2 and card 2. and so on till all participants have been matched up with a card.

I invite you or anyone else to ask additional questions as needed. Welcome to the fun!

Howard

Leon 01-07-2023 12:43 PM

I am not necessarily one of those that get involved in breaks. If I was going to, this would be one of them. Good luck to all.

hcv123 01-13-2023 08:00 AM

Weekend bump

Only 16 more spots to fill! Who wants in?

hcv123 01-24-2023 06:28 AM

The break has been opened to Justin Farber's facebook break group

Still looking to fill this break. My friend Justin Farber just opened to his Facebook break group. Just 15 spots left!