Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Babe Ruth photo (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=323524)

refz 08-14-2022 02:20 PM

Babe Ruth photo

Hi everybody, going to ask the experts on what this is. I’m not a photo expert by any means. Came across this Ruth photo and wouldn’t know where to start on documentation. It has somewhat of a glossy front, back is blank with some staining. Measures very close to a R316 kashin publication. More than likely some sort of replica or stadium pack photo?? Thank you

Danny

ullmandds 08-14-2022 03:33 PM

same image as quaker premium as well as others I believe. Your scan isnt great...maybe take a higher res scan and orient it properly.

MikeGarcia 08-14-2022 04:03 PM

Kashin Sized ?

..The Quaker Oats Babe Ruth Boys/Kids Club membership packet had a few pieces of unique proprietary merchandise , and varying contents , around 1933-1934-1935 .. I believe the rich little spoiled brats could even get a chance at a secretarial-signed ball ;---it's a great Ruth playing days item. Great find in that condition , considering the size . All my Kashin-size stuff suffered mightily over the last 92 years. . Because of their basic sturdy strength though , they make great coasters,. ; Neat find.

refz 08-14-2022 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeGarcia (Post 2252788)
..The Quaker Oats Babe Ruth Boys/Kids Club membership packet had a few pieces of unique proprietary merchandise , and varying contents , around 1933-1934-1935 .. I believe the rich little spoiled brats could even get a chance at a secretarial-signed ball ;---it's a great Ruth playing days item. Great find in that condition , considering the size . All my Kashin-size stuff suffered mightily over the last 92 years. . Because of their basic sturdy strength though , they make great coasters,. ; Neat find.

Yes kashin sized, as I have a few.

Jobu 08-14-2022 07:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
The Quaker Oats premiums are larger, show more of the image, and have text at the bottom and a facsimile signature, so it isn't one of those. No idea what it is though. :)

Here's one of my Quakers, along with the envelope.

Aquarian Sports Cards 08-14-2022 07:59 PM

Photo quality is MUCH better on the Quaker Oats piece. Possible someone photographically reproduced it.

Jobu 08-14-2022 09:43 PM

It isn't a reprinted photo of the Quaker Oats (though those are out there with both the full image and caption, full image and no caption, and cropped image) because if it were it would have the facsimile inscription and auto in the photo. 100% the same source image though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards (Post 2252886)
Photo quality is MUCH better on the Quaker Oats piece. Possible someone photographically reproduced it.

refz 08-15-2022 03:50 AM

Thank you everyone

Aquarian Sports Cards 08-15-2022 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jobu (Post 2252917)
It isn't a reprinted photo of the Quaker Oats (though those are out there with both the full image and caption, full image and no caption, and cropped image) because if it were it would have the facsimile inscription and auto in the photo. 100% the same source image though.

Very good point. I was just looking at image quality.