Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Beware of new EBay tricks (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=321030)

ezez420 06-14-2022 05:46 AM

Beware of new EBay tricks

I noticed this seller on eBay: ladydidog with this new eBay trick to scam. I am not sure if this topic has been posted already but I'm posting again.

ALL of the listings are fraudulent. Cards, jewelry, clothes, etc. Just like you get the spam emails that have links in them to "unsubscribe" so does this persons listings. They are offering Buy It Now at another site with fake links.

These links steal your information and your money. It is a new method and tactic I recently saw being used on eBay.

Hopefully this saves someone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mordecaibrown1 06-14-2022 05:53 AM

eBay

I seen the amount of things they listed crazy amount, and everyone is bidding on them as well

irv 06-14-2022 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mordecaibrown1 (Post 2234087)
I seen the amount of things they listed crazy amount, and everyone is bidding on them as well

Me too. I quit after quickly scrolling through 76 pgs of items for sale. Talk about everything under the sun for sale. :eek:
Cards, jewelry, Bobcats, excavators, vehicles, bikes, moto x bikes, the items are endless.
Hopefully it gets taken down and soon.

notfast 06-14-2022 06:20 AM

This is the same thing that’s been happening for months.

Account gets hacked, tons of high end stuff posted. It will be taken down soon.

irv 06-14-2022 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notfast (Post 2234095)

Hopefully?
I just tried to report it but doing so on eBay, imo, is rather difficult, and I don't understand that at all??

mrreality68 06-14-2022 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irv (Post 2234096)
Hopefully?
I just tried to report it but doing so on eBay, imo, is rather difficult, and I don't understand that at all??

+1 Agreed. They do not make it easy and hopefully it is taken down soon before others get burnt

philo98 06-14-2022 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notfast (Post 2234095)

Correct, this type of thing is happening almost every week. This was happening quite often to sellers based in the UK but looks like its now in the US. In fact, in the past, I dont even think the sellers knew there account had been hacked, but Ebay will have these taken down within a day or two.

bnorth 06-14-2022 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irv (Post 2234096)
Hopefully?

Actualy it is really easy. Right above the item description on the right side there is a "report item'". Click on that. Then there are 3 spots you need to pick the correct problem. in top one choose "listing practices". Second one pick "avoiding ebay fees". Third one pick "offers outside of ebay".

This gets the fastest response because of the "avoiding ebay fees" selection.

irv 06-14-2022 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 2234154)
Actualy it is really easy. Right above the item description on the right side there is a "report item'". Click on that. Then there are 3 spots you need to pick the correct problem. in top one choose "listing practices". Second one pick "avoiding ebay fees". Third one pick "offers outside of ebay".

Thanks Ben. I looked and looked in the top right but did not see anything. Decided to scroll down and seen it in/near the bottom right.
Did as you said so hopefully that works?

Michael B 06-14-2022 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 2234154)

As others have said it is usually sellers from the UK who also list on ebay usa. I reported 40 or 50 of the listings last night so they would notice.

Your option is good. I use

"Listing practices"

"Fraudulent Listing Activities"

"You suspect the listing is fraudulent"

The fraudulent ones have been taken down and the sellers regular listings are up.

irv 06-14-2022 06:40 PM

Looks like it has been corrected. Only 8 total pgs now and zero baseball cards or anything else suspect. Just women's clothing, which I assume was the main theme for this persons/woman's site?

5-Tool Player 06-14-2022 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrreality68 (Post 2234116)
+1 Agreed. They do not make it easy and hopefully it is taken down soon before others get burnt

+1 take down this FAKE seller !

GrewUpWithJunkWax 06-14-2022 09:16 PM

Perhaps have CSG authenticate every listing?

Kaneen 06-15-2022 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrewUpWithJunkWax (Post 2234340)

Lol...And also send the device used to post the listings to PSA to make sure it was genuine hardware and not a knockoff.

Leon 06-18-2022 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrewUpWithJunkWax (Post 2234340)

I am sure that would work out well.

GrewUpWithJunkWax 06-18-2022 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 2235422)
I am sure that would work out well.

;)

GrewUpWithJunkWax 06-18-2022 06:11 PM

Mispost