Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Craziest USPS tracking stories (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=316331)

chlankf 03-08-2022 11:23 AM

Craziest USPS tracking stories

8 Attachment(s)
So I sell a little bit from time to time on eBay, to feed my collecting. I recently sold off a bunch of paper currency from around the world and had one that's having difficult arriving.

I figured there's hundreds of stories from people with crazy tracking history. I just thought I'd show one more. I finally reached out to you USPS and asked for the package to be returned to me. I'm just going to resend it but this is getting ridiculous.

Gorditadogg 03-08-2022 11:32 AM

Good luck with that. Your package has been on a crazy ride.

tbob 03-08-2022 11:45 AM

The USPS has not been the same since Trump appointed that moron to be in charge who is still in there because no one in Washington can figure out how to get rid of him.

shagrotn77 03-08-2022 12:48 PM

I just had a packaged delivered today that was missent *twice* before it finally arrived. It looked like it had been run over, which is actually a fairly common (and actual) occurrence. Luckily, the card was low value and miraculously not damaged. Had it been slabbed, the plastic surely would have cracked.

Also today, I had another package missent to the post office in the town over. I called and asked if I could pick it up, but they have to sent it nearly an hour away instead so it can re-route.

In short, the USPS sucks. FedEx and UPS, while not perfect, run a much tighter ship.

butchie_t 03-08-2022 01:08 PM

I had one, but it pales in comparison.

:eek:

Peter_Spaeth 03-08-2022 01:16 PM

I once had a certified letter take two months to get from Boston to LA. It literally disappeared for 6 weeks, then bounced back and forth half a dozen times between LA and Sacramento, then got delivered to the wrong address in LA where I literally had to arrange by phone for the addressee to pick it up after tracking down the recipient.

darwinbulldog 03-08-2022 01:20 PM

That's pretty amazing, even by recent standards. I purchased something on eBay on January 16th and am still waiting on it. Unfortunately no updates since it arrived in Los Angeles on Jan. 24, so I don't really know what it's been up to since then, but the "estimated delivery" dates from eBay are Feb. 2-Mar. 9, so we'll see what happens tomorrow.

JustinD 03-08-2022 01:47 PM

My worst ones were shipping mistakes more often.

Once I had a seller really not thinking or reading the Paypal info very clearly.

I live in the suburbs of Detroit, in Birmingham Michigan. The seller sent my purchase to Birmingham England.

That one took one hell of a long time to arrive as it was sent there, returned to the seller, and then finally sent to me. It was 6-8 weeks or longer of travel time.

ocjack 03-08-2022 03:07 PM

The tracking on a package I sent showed delivered to mailbox and then the next entry was "incomplete address, return to sender." I emailed the recipient and they said that they had received the package. I guess I should stop waiting for it to come back. Go figure.

JollyElm 03-08-2022 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbob (Post 2203565)
The USPS has not been the same since Trump appointed that moron to be in charge who is still in there because no one in Washington can figure out how to get rid of him.

If you're going to spew your pathetic politics, put your goddamn name on your post!!!! And how is the Bidenführer clown show working out for you? What, nothing to say about that???

butchie_t 03-08-2022 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JollyElm (Post 2203657)
If you're going to spew your pathetic politics, put your goddamn name on your post!!!! And how is the Bidenführer clown show working out for you? What, nothing to say about that???

I come here to get away from political blather. And now it is spilling over to more sections. And it is a bummer. I know, don’t read it if I don’t like it. But I don’t actively search it out either and it shows up….

Cheers,

Butch Turner

Just adding my .02 and agreeing with your comments JollyElm

55koufax 03-08-2022 05:53 PM

The worst USPS nightmare ever!

For a span of about 8 months I have had 12 different USPS packages of graded sports cards undelivered. They were all stolen internally, by a USPS worker IN MY LOCAL BRANCH. All but one of the packages were stolen in their entirety, however, one package had one card removed and the package was carefully and cleanly resealed and delivered (minus one $1200 card). I was contacted about two months after it began by a Special Agent from the Office of the Inspector General. They handle postal fraud, etc. This one Agent, to his credit, and after six months of monitoring, just recently caught the culprit. It was fascinating as the Agent had me receive "dummy" packages that he shipped to me so he could track and trace to catch the thief. He utilized hidden cameras everywhere in the post office. He recently told me he has several of my stolen cards, and they will eventually be delivered to me.

It is great when law enforcement works!

USPS was ZERO help and still has not reimbursed me one cent!

What is a shame is that this scumbag did the same thing to other collectors in my zip code, even to a larger extent of loss than mine.

Aquarian Sports Cards 03-08-2022 05:54 PM

had two nearly identical packages shipped the same time from PA to TN (I think to a member who can feel free to chime in if he wants) one was delivered in 3 days, the other arrived at the Memphis office at the same exact time and then took a 2 month journey around the country before being delivered coming back to TN twice more before delivery. Luckily he, despite misgivings, trusted that I wasn't out to screw him over, and it all turned out OK in the end.

butchie_t 03-08-2022 05:56 PM

James,

Wow… totally sucks. Glad you get some if not all of your cards back.

Unbelievable. People (some and it is getting to be many) have no shame anymore and it is a sad commentary in today’s world.

B. T.

Exhibitman 03-09-2022 07:47 AM

That sucks.

I once bought a card from Argentina that traveled the world. Buenos Aires to New York, to a variety of regional mail centers then back to Argentina then back to New York and eventually to me in Los Angeles. I calculated the travel and it was over 21,000 miles.

darwinbulldog 03-09-2022 08:17 AM

I guess it's not political unless you go out of your way to mention who appointed him, but it is known that the USPS service has declined, by design, under the leadership of Louis DeJoy. He's quite open about it. The bureaucratic challenges in trying to get him replaced have been an interesting news story in their own right.