Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   eBay Bucks are back? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=312908)

jayshum 01-01-2022 08:11 AM

eBay Bucks are back?

Has anyone heard anything about 1% eBay Bucks being awarded on all purchases again? I didn't receive any email about being eligible for a special eBay Bucks offer, but any listing I look at this morning shows that I will earn 1% in eBay Bucks.

hcv123 01-01-2022 08:28 AM

Didn't see any announcement, but

I am seeing what you are in listings - bucks attached!

Yoda 01-01-2022 08:38 AM

Decent vintage cards on Ebay have dried up with the departure of PWCC who seemed to drag nearly all their consignors with them and seem to be doing fine with their new platform. But a couple of Ebay bucks is hardly going to make up for PWCC's exit.

Exhibitman 01-01-2022 09:51 AM

John, I think vintage has dried up because (1) with all of the eBay fees and games (like charging a transaction fee on shipping and sales tax) it is close to the same price to consign to an AH without the eBay headaches, (2) as prices seemingly go up every week it makes sense for part-timers on eBay to hold their cards unless/until they need the cash flow, and (2) it is impossible to replace graded inventory with any expediency owing to the cost and backlogs at the TPGs.

Lorewalker 01-01-2022 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 2180830)
Decent vintage cards on Ebay have dried up with the departure of PWCC who seemed to drag nearly all their consignors with them and seem to be doing fine with their new platform. But a couple of Ebay bucks is hardly going to make up for PWCC's exit.

Not sure how fine they are doing. While looking up cards in VCP I keep casually coming across sales from the new platform and they are consistently not what they used to be.

mrreality68 01-01-2022 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exhibitman (Post 2180854)
John, I think vintage has dried up because (1) with all of the eBay fees and games (like charging a transaction fee on shipping and sales tax) it is close to the same price to consign to an AH without the eBay headaches, (2) as prices seemingly go up every week it makes sense for part-timers on eBay to hold their cards unless/until they need the cash flow, and (2) it is impossible to replace graded inventory with any expediency owing to the cost and backlogs at the TPGs.

+1 agree

Yoda 01-01-2022 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exhibitman (Post 2180854)

Spot on.

BobbyStrawberry 01-01-2022 02:47 PM

Yup. ebay is an absolute wasteland for vintage now. So many pages of "auctions" with a minimum bid 3x what anyone would pay 🙃

Exhibitman 01-01-2022 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyStrawberry (Post 2180947)
pages of "auctions" with a minimum bid 3x what anyone would pay ��

Those are wife listings: wife says I have to sell some stuff but I don't want to so I will list it at 3x market and then tell her it is listed and waiting for a buyer. I keep my cards, she STFU, peace in my house.

BobbyStrawberry 01-01-2022 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exhibitman (Post 2180981)
Those are wife listings: wife says I have to sell some stuff but I don't want to so I will list it at 3x market and then tell her it is listed and waiting for a buyer. I keep my cards, she STFU, peace in my house.

Lol, I never thought of it that way.

mrreality68 01-01-2022 05:41 PM

Quote:

Funny and clever

But definitely funny

Regardless those eBaybucks for most of us do not add up and selling on eBay as others mentioned has gotten so expensive

mainemule 01-01-2022 06:48 PM

Does anyone think EBAY messed up somehow with this as the calendar turned to 2022? I did not earn 1% on a later calendar 2021 purchase but I see that I could earn 1% on items now. I have not purchased anything today. It just seems really weird that suddenly 1% is back.

They terminated the 1% program last year (March 2021).

https://pages.ebay.com/rewards/faq.html

mainemule 01-01-2022 06:55 PM

Scanning EBAY "Community" there seem to be folks who did actually receive this 1% but I have found nothing official that this has been reinstated.

brianp-beme 01-01-2022 07:05 PM

I won an auction today for $10, and 10 cents worth of Ebay bucks has been added to my account.

Brian

albrshbr 01-01-2022 07:53 PM

I got 8% eBay Bucks for a few days last week, but no notice of the 1% coming back

Peter_Spaeth 01-01-2022 07:56 PM

Quote:

That explains the 3x. What about the 5x through 10x listings on commodity cards?

JollyElm 01-01-2022 08:25 PM

Yeah, I got one-percented as well today.

jayshum 01-02-2022 02:34 PM

Looks like it was a mistake or just a 1-day event. Today, nothing is shown about eBay Bucks on any of the listings I look at.

theuclakid 01-02-2022 03:06 PM

ebay bucks

I purchased a card today and received a 1% credit to my ebay bucks account

sb1 01-02-2022 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayshum (Post 2181312)
Looks like it was a mistake or just a 1-day event. Today, nothing is shown about eBay Bucks on any of the listings I look at.

Normally they email you about the offer and you have to accept it. You might try looking thru you ebay messages.

ngrow9 01-02-2022 04:43 PM

I received 1% eBay bucks for a purchase this morning, but not one made this afternoon. I'd noticed they'd added it to some listings scheduled to close on New Year's Day sometime last week, so I'm guessing it was just an automatic, one-day promotion.

phlflyer1 01-02-2022 05:15 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 2181041)
That explains the 3x. What about the 5x through 10x listings on commodity cards?

The 5x and 10x listings must be for those sellers that need to cover the mistress as well :D

profholt82 01-03-2022 09:49 AM

For Chase Freedom card holders, they have a 5% cash back promotion on ebay purchases for the entire first quarter of 2022. So it goes through March 31. I believe it is only good on the Freedom Flex or the original Freedom, not the Freedom Unlimited.

Dead-Ball-Hitter 01-03-2022 11:26 AM

Got my January ebay "bucks" certificate today" - $3.50.

Spent $8K in the last quarter, got $3.50!!!!! At the old 2% level I would have had $160.00, which would have meant a decent card for free. Not to mention if I had a few 5% or 10% bonuses, which did prompt me to spend even more in the past.

eBay bucks are a HUGH DISAPPOINTMENT. Not easy to take something away that you are used to getting for years. i hope card shows return as I'm very disappointed in the online purchasing options.