Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Baseball furniture? Chairs, pub tables, lockers? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=309878)

Belfast1933 11-01-2021 04:12 PM

Baseball furniture? Chairs, pub tables, lockers?

1 Attachment(s)
Am looking for great new ideas for cool, vintage looking baseball furniture to add to my “card cave” - any great ideas out there to show off?

Am going to add a couple of chairs and maybe find an old locker to serve as a pub-table of sorts

Here is a view of my cave… so far. Would love to see what kind of great baseball furniture others have come across

Share photos!

Fred 11-01-2021 04:15 PM

That's a great question. I've never bid on wood stadium seats because I figure the freight cost would be ridiculous. Can someone that has purchased a pair of stadium seats provide the shipping cost (city to city).

mrreality68 11-01-2021 04:21 PM

Hi Jeff

No experience with it

But wanted to say.

Sweet love your man cave and the way you have it and decorate it

Jealous

phlflyer1 11-01-2021 04:42 PM

Baseball Fan

Jeff,

Congrats on a very nice looking man cave.

Not sure if Hunter is still making these, but I have this Baseball themed "kids" fan in my small office room along with a few of my less expensive collectibles and it definitely adds to the vibe I was looking for.

http://mobileimages.lowes.com/produc...9/00216355.jpg

jingram058 11-01-2021 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belfast1933 (Post 2159566)
Am looking for great new ideas for cool, vintage looking baseball furniture to add to my “card cave” - any great ideas out there to show off?

Am going to add a couple of chairs and maybe find an old locker to serve as a pub-table of sorts

Here is a view of my cave… so far. Would love to see what kind of great baseball furniture others have come across

Share photos!

I love what you have going on there! I may refer to this thread from time to time, now that you have given me the idea of how to bring the ballpark to the home.

SteveS 11-01-2021 05:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Very, very cool! A thought I had is that they sell game-used bases, which would look great on your "grass." Here is my Dodger Stadium seat, which I got about seven years ago for under $100. The same seller still has a few left on eBay for about $150 (with free shipping). He's selling them separately as a "back" and a "bottom." When they rip the seats out of the stadiums, they don't leave them intact. Even if they did, they would not be suitable for home use. People buy the separate pieces, and there is a kit available to put together a seat or a pair (or however many) so that they can be used in a home. When they're assembled, the price and shipping are quite high. So getting the separate pieces like this is much more cost-effective, and you can buy the kit yourself, or display the separate pieces.

tlhss 11-01-2021 06:04 PM

Home Office Rocker

1 Attachment(s)
This is in my home office. It came from Milwaukee County Stadium, and I converted it to an old man rocker using a kit I found online and some additional welded supports. It was a $30 craigslist buy out of Milwaukee. It was a rusted mess and took quite a bit of effort to fix, but I think it was worth it. The remaining paint is all original.

Huck 11-01-2021 06:26 PM

Early on, I thought the idea of acquiring old stadium seats was pretty cool. I was relaying the idea to a fellow collector and he said "the seats are uncomfortable at the stadium, why would you want them in your house?" I have yet to buy a seat. I still think the old seats are cool.

Carter08 11-01-2021 06:33 PM

Very cool thread. Love the original pic of the card cave - anything else you add is gravy.

Aplyon86 11-01-2021 07:54 PM

Not furniture, but here's the wall in my son's room.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...7e9c4311e9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Kawika 11-01-2021 10:00 PM

Wow! Growing up in the Friendly Confines. Good job, Dad.

GaryPassamonte 11-02-2021 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phlflyer1 (Post 2159580)
Jeff,

Congrats on a very nice looking man cave.

Not sure if Hunter is still making these, but I have this Baseball themed "kids" fan in my small office room along with a few of my less expensive collectibles and it definitely adds to the vibe I was looking for.

http://mobileimages.lowes.com/produc...9/00216355.jpg

I've had the same fan for many years.

botport 11-02-2021 07:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
There was a bench like this one on Pawn Stars a couple years ago...
The memorabilia expert was disappointed if I remember correctly because the guy used a bunch of autographed items and screwed holes in them...

But I like the look of this type of bench and hopefully gives you some ideas.

mrozie21 11-03-2021 06:08 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I think wooden seats are awesome and I still have several rows of them. Here’s a few pictures. Also a turnstile is a great display piece as well.

You may also want to look at a Budweiser baseball glove chair. Typically run about $400-600 but are quite cool and a nice display piece.

Belfast1933 11-03-2021 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrozie21 (Post 2160068)
I think wooden seats are awesome and I still have several rows of them. Here’s a few pictures. Also a turnstile is a great display piece as well.

You may also want to look at a Budweiser baseball glove chair. Typically run about $400-600 but are quite cool and a nice display piece.

Turnstile would be such a cool way to enter the “card cave!” Love the suggestion. And will take a look at the Budweiser glove chair too. Have not seen that before.

Thx again!

Jeff

Belfast1933 11-03-2021 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by botport (Post 2159978)
There was a bench like this one on Pawn Stars a couple years ago...
The memorabilia expert was disappointed if I remember correctly because the guy used a bunch of autographed items and screwed holes in them...

But I like the look of this type of bench and hopefully gives you some ideas.

Killer! I might even take a stab at building one of those myself

mrozie21 11-03-2021 02:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Belfast1933 (Post 2160196)
Turnstile would be such a cool way to enter the “card cave!” Love the suggestion. And will take a look at the Budweiser glove chair too. Have not seen that before.

Thx again!

Jeff

Here’s the Budweiser glove chair.

Belfast1933 11-03-2021 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrozie21 (Post 2160221)
Here’s the Budweiser glove chair.

I prefer that one to a couple that I saw on eBay that have “Budweiser” spelled on the seat and the front of the chair.

Looks like that one is blank, right? Is it at all comfortable? (And are you selling?!)

mrozie21 11-03-2021 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belfast1933 (Post 2160226)
I prefer that one to a couple that I saw on eBay that have “Budweiser” spelled on the seat and the front of the chair.

Looks like that one is blank, right? Is it at all comfortable? (And are you selling?!)

I would be open to selling. I wouldn't say the seat is all that comfortable as I originally bought 2 of them about 6-7 years ago for display pieces. Some people have said it's comfortable, the seat part is fairly low to the ground. I think it's about 36" tall x 36" wide

Belfast1933 11-03-2021 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrozie21 (Post 2160239)
I would be open to selling. I wouldn't say the seat is all that comfortable as I originally bought 2 of them about 6-7 years ago for display pieces. Some people have said it's comfortable, the seat part is fairly low to the ground. I think it's about 36" tall x 36" wide

Yeah, doesn’t look at the comfortable… but looks great! Thx - I’ll send you a DM next to take this off the thread.

Thx again

Jeff

Fred 11-03-2021 06:28 PM

How much is shipping for stadium seats and other large items?

mrozie21 11-04-2021 06:03 AM

Fred,

Shipping on large items is all dependent on the size of the item and how far it has to travel across the country. For example a stadium seat can be as low as $50/60 to as much as $125+.