Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   You know it's coming... (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=306568)

JollyElm 08-16-2021 04:28 PM

You know it's coming...

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 474047

Frank A 08-16-2021 04:34 PM

If its not autographed, I won't bid on it.

Eric72 08-16-2021 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank A (Post 2134578)
If its not autographed, I won't bid on it.

What if the auto looks like LaMelo Ball/Miles Bridges?

marzoumanian 08-16-2021 04:50 PM

Thank You, Mr. JollyElm

My laugh of the day. You're the man.

profholt82 08-16-2021 05:09 PM

Ha! It really doesn't seem that far-fetched though, to be honest. I'm surprised we haven't seen more personal "game used" items over the years. Eye black strips, grass and dirt, cleats, pieces of pads and cups, etc etc. Seems like a lot of untapped resources out there. Semi-humorous, but semi-serious as well.

That said, I always cringe when Topps or Upper Deck or whoever wins an auction of a vintage bat or jersey of someone like Ruth or Cobb, because you know those will get chopped up and put into cards. And there's only a finite amount of that stuff left.

HOF Auto Rookies 08-16-2021 05:25 PM

You know it's coming...

Quote:

Originally Posted by profholt82 (Post 2134597)
Ha! It really doesn't seem that far-fetched though, to be honest. I'm surprised we haven't seen more personal "game used" items over the years. Eye black strips, grass and dirt, cleats, pieces of pads and cups, etc etc. Seems like a lot of untapped resources out there. Semi-humorous, but semi-serious as well.

That said, I always cringe when Topps or Upper Deck or whoever wins an auction of a vintage bat or jersey of someone like Ruth or Cobb, because you know those will get chopped up and put into cards. And there's only a finite amount of that stuff left.

I know for sure they have done grass, dirt, foul pole, cleats, car frame, hair. Don't know about pads and I'm sure no cups lol.

Awesome post, OP

slightlyrounded 08-16-2021 05:25 PM

Just steer clear of Paul Pierce game-worn items and you should be fine.

JollyElm 08-16-2021 05:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Also found this recently...

Attachment 474079

Yoda 08-16-2021 06:51 PM

I thought it was a Visa card.

ckcsportoutdoor 08-16-2021 06:59 PM

You know it's coming...

Not sure if they were “player worn” and def not game used but immaculate had eye black strip autos I know in 2017 not sure if they still do or not…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

profholt82 08-16-2021 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOF Auto Rookies (Post 2134608)
I know for sure they have done grass, dirt, foul pole, cleats, car frame, hair. Don't know about pads and I'm sure no cups lol.

Awesome post, OP

Hair surprises me actually. I feel like that's starting to cross the weird line a bit. The Catholics have been making hair cards for centuries though. They're known as relics, and are generally taken of sainted people after death. The original inserts, so to speak. You probably need an in with some important priests and bishops to get the hook up on those though. I don't think they insert them in random weekly bullitens or communion wafers.