Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ebay bid sniper app? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=302706)

Usc1 05-28-2021 05:22 PM

Ebay bid sniper app?

Can anyone recommend a reliable sniping tool app that one used/uses?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andybecker 05-28-2021 05:28 PM

gixen

Usc1 05-28-2021 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andybecker (Post 2107882)
gixen

Do you like this app better than bidslammer? Friend recommended bidslammer but wanted other opinions.

Ill check it out thanks.

vthobby 05-28-2021 05:55 PM

esnipe

Been using esnipe for a LONG time. NEVER an issue!

Mike

perezfan 05-28-2021 06:45 PM

I like Gixen.

MikeGarcia 05-28-2021 08:25 PM

Saved a ton of $$

..I use "EZsniper" for ten or so or more years now and it is slick and has saved me a fortune in the bidding wars on E-Bay.......so simple a caveman can figure it out ....

Usc1 05-28-2021 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeGarcia (Post 2107935)
..I use "EZsniper" for ten or so or more years now and it is slick and has saved me a fortune in the bidding wars on E-Bay.......so simple a caveman can figure it out ....

Caveman. Thats right up my alley. Lol.

JustinD 05-28-2021 09:01 PM

Since the death of Gavelsnipe, I flipped to Gixen and it’s been smooth sailing.

Arazi4442 05-28-2021 09:23 PM

Does anyone not use sniper apps? Am I the only one who just pays attention to my watchlist and bids accordingly?

UKCardGuy 05-29-2021 04:11 AM

Another vote for Gixen here. I've been using it for a couple of years with no problems.

You can use it free for up to 4 winning snipes a month. But it's only $6 a year for an unlimited service.

toledo_mudhen 05-29-2021 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arazi4442 (Post 2107957)
Does anyone not use sniper apps? Am I the only one who just pays attention to my watchlist and bids accordingly?

I have always just bid the highest amount that I was willing to pay and let the chips fall where they may. As a result of that - I have, over the years, become more of a seller than a buyer on eBay. I would much rather do an offer on an eBay BIN or purchase elsewhere (Net54 BST).

troutbum97 05-29-2021 09:51 AM

Quote:

I am like you. I like to put in small place holder bids early & just watch my bidder lists as auctions near their closing.

Never felt the need to use a sniper app.

robertsmithnocure 05-29-2021 10:11 AM

Gixen has always worked well fir me.

Usc1 05-29-2021 10:14 AM

I’m going to give gixen a try.

obiwan1129 05-29-2021 10:36 AM

I've dithered for years on sniper services. I've had my account 20+ years and wouldn't use my main account. I wouldn't want to lose it. I'd have to build up a new profile to throw the sniper service onto. Other than scheduling a last second bid, what is the benefit? I can appreciate folks who do this in volume, for me personally I am bidding on 1-2 items at any given time.

Lately I have taken to bidding in the last minute on auctions I am really interested in. I try to go in with a set maximum amount and see what happens. I set a reminder on my phone about 10-15 min before the end of the auction.

For selling, I don't bother with auctions anymore. I did a very cursory comparison on completed auctions version BIN and found higher prices typically with the BIN sales. Sure, every now and again you get a bidding frenzy but more often than not I found I was disappointed by the auction proceeds.

JustinD 05-29-2021 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by obiwan1129 (Post 2108097)
I've dithered for years on sniper services. I've had my account 20+ years and wouldn't use my main account. I wouldn't want to lose it. I'd have to build up a new profile to throw the sniper service onto. Other than scheduling a last second bid, what is the benefit? .

I am admittedly really confused on your understanding of a sniper service, why would you think this would affect your main account?

Also, the benefits are huge as in savings from an unnecessary bidding war, not worrying about fake bidders working up your proxy bids to their max, and most of all for myself...not missing auctions by forgetting or living my life around eBay auction times.

I have been on eBay since 96 with a current account open since 2001 with an feedback of 5k and 100%. Been using sniper services to save time and money since they have been available and never had a security issue.

UKCardGuy 05-29-2021 12:22 PM

Quote:

I like to bid "live" as you describe but using Gixen to schedule a bid in case I forget is really useful. There are other times when auctions are ending in the middle of the night or during the day when I'm in work meetings that means a snipe app is the only choice.

Unfortunately, putting a bid for the highest I want to pay, doesn't work well. There are a number of times when I've done that and someone bids just over my price at the list minute.

JustinD 05-29-2021 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UKCardGuy (Post 2108139)
Unfortunately, putting a bid for the highest I want to pay, doesn't work well. There are a number of times when I've done that and someone bids just over my price at the list minute.

I would say that if it was really the highest you want to pay, it’s working perfectly. :D

Fballguy 05-29-2021 01:40 PM

Quote:

I'm with you.

Fballguy 05-29-2021 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by obiwan1129 (Post 2108097)
I did a very cursory comparison on completed auctions version BIN and found higher prices typically with the BIN sales. Sure, every now and again you get a bidding frenzy but more often than not I found I was disappointed by the auction proceeds.

Couldn't agree more. For ultra rare items, auctions work fine. But more often than not, for more typical items, when I see the auction format I'm very confident that I'm going to get a deal.

obiwan1129 05-30-2021 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustinD (Post 2108123)
I am admittedly really confused on your understanding of a sniper service, why would you think this would affect your main account?

Also, the benefits are huge as in savings from an unnecessary bidding war, not worrying about fake bidders working up your proxy bids to their max, and most of all for myself...not missing auctions by forgetting or living my life around eBay auction times.

I have been on eBay since 96 with a current account open since 2001 with an feedback of 5k and 100%. Been using sniper services to save time and money since they have been available and never had a security issue.

I actually thought using automated tools to snipe was a terms of service violation which could lead to your account suspension/termination.

TIL it is not. https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/bid...niping?id=4224

Like I said in my original post, I can see the benefit of scheduling bids like that for higher volume buyers. I generally only do few auctions if that a month so not sure how much I would use it.

D. Bergin 05-30-2021 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustinD (Post 2107947)
Since the death of Gavelsnipe, I flipped to Gixen and it’s been smooth sailing.

Same

icurnmedic 05-30-2021 08:59 AM

Gixen

Gixen all the way. Put in my top and forget about it. That way I don't get caught up in bidding wars. And often if the bid is right , I win, many times actually saving $$.

I do the subscription as well. Gives you a backup in case the main server fails. One in Chicago and the other is in Miami , I think.