Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Shipping (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=292307)

Ben Yourg 11-24-2020 01:56 PM

Shipping

What is the best way to send a rather expensive item?
Thanks,
Ben

BruceinGa 11-24-2020 03:18 PM

I would recommend USPS Registered with insurance.

sb1 11-24-2020 03:19 PM

The safest by far is USPS Registered Mail.

I would probably not get the insurance, it won't be needed unless damaged which if properly packaged it won't be damaged(assuming it's a graded card or such). The chance of them losing the package are near nil.

philo98 11-24-2020 05:43 PM

I wouldn't even consider Fedex or UPS after my ordeal tracking down my Goldin shipment with Fedex. Goldin was great, Fedex was awful. I did go to one of the warehouses to physically pick up my shipment and while there, the guy told me that they have hired a TON of new people and they are all not following the rules. I would imagine the same is true with UPS.

Remember, UPS and Fedex are the ones responsible for shipping out this vaccine soon. They cannot handle the shipments they have now. So avoid at all cost.

baseballandhockeyfan 11-24-2020 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sb1 (Post 2038438)
The safest by far is USPS Registered Mail.

I would probably not get the insurance, it won't be needed unless damaged which if properly packaged it won't be damaged(assuming it's a graded card or such). The chance of them losing the package are near nil.

If it's something fairly valuable, then I would definitely recommend the insurance for added peace of mind. Although registered mail seems to be very secure, it just takes that one in a million chance of it going wrong (or whatever the odds are) to happen to you on a pricey piece, and you'll wish you had opted for the insurance. Plus, for registered mail, since it is so secure, the added cost of insurance is really very inexpensive compared to what it would cost if added to say usps priority mail.

That said, to each their own, but personally, I would opt for the insurance on a pricey piece...

toledo_mudhen 11-25-2020 05:04 AM

USPS Priority Mail - Includes Tracking

Sometimes I insure (up to the amount of my cost - depends on how I feel that day).

Sometimes Sig Confirmation if the recipient wishes (I personally do not ask for Sig Confirmation on my end as I'm never home - so an extra day and trip to PO)

I have never (in 25+ years now) had USPS lose a collectible shipment.

bnorth 11-25-2020 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toledo_mudhen (Post 2038569)
USPS Priority Mail - Includes Tracking

Sometimes I insure (up to the amount of my cost - depends on how I feel that day).

Sometimes Sig Confirmation if the recipient wishes (I personally do not ask for Sig Confirmation on my end as I'm never home - so an extra day and trip to PO)

I have never (in 25+ years now) had USPS lose a collectible shipment.

I usually agree with Priority being great. Lately it has sucked for me. I have 2 out right now that they are not even updating status anymore.

Registered is great as long as you don't mind it showing up a month after you send it.

Even with what I just posted I would use one of those 2 over UPS or FedSux.

jb67 11-25-2020 07:40 AM

I have used registered mail twice in the past month and it took about a week for each to arrive from Michigan to the west coast. If over 5k I will always use registered mail. Priority mail has worked great for me over the years.