Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Ebay-global shipping program (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=281844)

smallpaul2002 04-18-2020 09:14 AM

Ebay-global shipping program

What is this, and why is my package travelling across the USA? I'm actually wondering what this program is all about. I have a package that I purchased on EBAY, It was mailed by the seller through their "Global Shipping Program". The package originated in Tonawanda, New York. I live across the border in Canada just west of Toronto. Normally this is about a 90 minute drive by car to Tonawanda New York (Tonawanda NY is located just south of Niagara Falls Canada).

I am perplexed at this cards journey, as its more likely to be lost or damaged than delivered to its destination. My package has been circulating through this system for close to 3 weeks, and is now in Chicago. (Which is a 7 hour drive from me), My package has been scanned over 53 times and has been in transit for 21 days travelling through 4 states..What a joke..By the way its a $356 card with shipping and duties has cost over $550, NEVER again will I buy from a seller using this option.

grainsley 04-18-2020 12:17 PM

This initiative has totally deterred Canadians from utilizing U.S. sellers who don't really know how it costs their business. For example, purchase a $5 card, and the shipping is automatically around $18.00 (U.S.) with the Global Shipping Program, to send that one lowly card to this terribly foreign territory. (A stamp to Canada for a pwe is about $1.25) I don't think most U.S. sellers even realize this. Actually, I think it is maybe just one more way Ebay has come up with to turn themselves into a joke. Like they needed the help. Personally, I'd be buying a lot more without Global Shipping nonsense.

mantleman 04-19-2020 12:42 PM

Hi Guys,

This topic has been discussed at length in other posts. I believe all global shipping packages go to a central warehouse in Kansas(??) where they get repackaged for international shipping. The seller doesn't see the actual shipping and duty charged through global shipping.........but the buyer does, so I factor this in to the purchase price if I am buying. Needles to say I have probably only bought something with global shipping once, and missed out on many items I would have purchased easily in the past due to exorbitant costs (plus the conversion rate !!)

Jim65 04-19-2020 01:26 PM

Reshippers in the US can be a good option for international buyers.

irv 04-19-2020 03:57 PM

I've vented about this numerous so I will keep it short. I no longer purchase anything from sellers who use Global shipping.
I understand the need for some sellers to use it, but with prices all over the place, from roughly $15 dollars to over a hundred, I think the thing is nothing but an Ebay scam.

Also, just recently, while looking at a card, in Canada nonetheless, I noticed a CDN seller with Global??

I wrote him and told him and his reply was he has been battling Ebay for sometime over this issue.
This is not the first time I have seen this and judging by how Ebay operates at times, I honestly don't think this is an honest mistake on their end but rather a way of catching someone off guard.