Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Adirondack pro bat question (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=278788)

JoeDfan 01-31-2020 07:09 AM

Adirondack pro bat question

Picked up a Musial Type '61-63 bat; want to make sure I have my information correct, because my buddy at work wants to buy it.
I do not want to mislead him.

Is the model 15V a pro stock? Or store model?
I was told 15B. would be possibly associated with a gamer, but I want to have my facts straight.

Thanks,
Sean

bat_master 01-31-2020 09:02 AM

A Musial Adirondack with MUSIAL TYPE on the barrel is a pro stock type of bat. Not a true Musial gamer. Need to be careful on those as well because there's a fairly well known individual in West Virginia that makes it a habit of changing up the model numbers on the knobs of these bats.

JoeDfan 01-31-2020 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bat_master (Post 1951690)
A Musial Adirondack with MUSIAL TYPE on the barrel is a pro stock type of bat. Not a true Musial gamer. Need to be careful on those as well because there's a fairly well known individual in West Virginia that makes it a habit of changing up the model numbers on the knobs of these bats.

Thanks!
Oh, I didn't know about the West Virginia guy! Yikes!

ooo-ribay 01-31-2020 09:36 AM

Per Vince Malta's book: Professional Adirondacks have 1-3 numbers, followed by A, B, H.K.M,X,AX,DW,MS, RJ, VP and XX. There is debate on C and D. Also per his book, Musial used the 57B. I don't think your bat is a gamer.

bnorth 01-31-2020 09:41 AM

Pictures? I will be no help even with them but would still like to see it.:)

JoeDfan 01-31-2020 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ooo-ribay (Post 1951697)
Per Vince Malta's book: Professional Adirondacks have 1-3 numbers, followed by A, B, H.K.M,X,AX,DW,MS, RJ, VP and XX. There is debate on C and D. Also per his book, Musial used the 57B. I don't think your bat is a gamer.

So, then is "V" a store model?
I noticed Tim said "pro stock type".

My understanding of pro stock, and someone correct me if I am wrong, is that it is a professional model bat made available to not just MLB, but also Minor Leagues, Colleges, amateur teams, and the like. Without specific proof, use can never be attributed to the named player.
Is that a good working definition?

In any event, it is a really nice bat, so I might just keep it.

Thanks everyone!

JoeDfan 01-31-2020 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1951699)
Pictures? I will be no help even with them but would still like to see it.:)

I will have to get some when I go home, and perhaps get a little help resizing them for Net54! :D

ooo-ribay 01-31-2020 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeDfan (Post 1951729)

My understanding of pro stock, and someone correct me if I am wrong, is that it is a professional model bat made available to not just MLB, but also Minor Leagues, Colleges, amateur teams, and the like. Without specific proof, use can never be attributed to the named player.

Thanks everyone!

I think your understanding is correct. The controversy about C and D is that they may have gone to those other teams you described.

bat_master 01-31-2020 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeDfan (Post 1951729)

Thanks everyone!

I would generally agree with what you're saying. D-Series bats are generally not accepted as having been MLB used, however, there have been a few C-Series bats that have seen major league use. Those are few and far between and absent unique player characteristics would require strong provenance to have attribution to a player's MLB use.

JoeDfan 02-01-2020 09:58 AM

Thanks everyone!

Dave Grob 02-03-2020 08:32 AM

Adirondack "V" Models

1 Attachment(s)
I think you will find that the "V" refers to a 1/2" measurement.

Dave Grob